Technology Specialist - Burr Ridge, IL
McGraw Hill Education is looking for a strong candidate to join our team in the role of Technology Specialist working in our Burr Ridge, IL office.
Our Higher Education team delivers powerful platforms, highly personalized course materials, and effective learning supplements to help students achieve their goals at every stage of their academic and professional careers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Manage assigned components from development through delivery specific to assessment platform/tools, adaptive learning technologies, instructor resources, and 3rd party software/tools. Collaborate with Program Managers, Platform Product Managers, and other Product Team members to implement product requirements and define and manage product schedule and budgets.
- Provide technical support to Content, Design, and Delivery department by assisting Project Managers, Product Team members, and Digital Platforms Group in troubleshooting problems and technical issues. Coordinate activities with engineering, media ops, and product teams.
- Interface closely with Content, Design, and Delivery, Product Teams and Platform Product Managers on all system changes and enhancements to ensure production requirements are met. Establish and test production workflows based on platform/tool changes.
- Establish the QA process ensuring all program content components are integrated into the Open Learning environment (eBook, adaptive, assessment, instructor resources, vendor-controlled content, etc.). Work with quality assurance vendors to design and implement new test plans when needed.
- Work closely with vendors, SMEs, authors, and freelancers and vendors to provide tool training on best practices and development processes.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- BA/BS in computer science, instructional design, or educational technology, or the equivalent. Advanced degree a plus.
- 2+ years progressive experience in an implementation services environment preferably in a high growth, software environment.
- Minimum 3 years project management experience (5+ years preferred). Must be able to manage several projects at the same time with minimal supervision.
- Minimum 2 years experience interacting with external customers.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in all phases of web based/interactive application and systems development, including requirements development, systems analysis, design, implementation and testing activities.
- A solid understanding of the software development life cycle including support functions such as testing, operations, documentation and the implementation processes.\
- Must be an exceptional planner who is very detail-oriented and has the ability to organize and drive multiple projects at one time in a high-pressure environment
- Experience and knowledge of content management systems, digital asset management systems, and their use within product development
- Experience with higher education digital assessment products, content authoring tools, and web technology.
- Experience and knowledge of emerging technology (i.e. SOA) and metadata standards (i.e. SCORM, etc.)
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (MS Project, Excel, Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, etc.
The Technology Specialist coordinates, manages and monitors the development, delivery and training for key technical projects from initiation through delivery. Key projects include but are not limited to assessment platform/tools, adaptive learning technologies, eBook authoring, instructor resources, and 3rd party software and tools. The Technology Specialist will serve as a liaison between Content, Design, and Delivery, Digital Platforms Group, and Products and Markets to ensure that all targets and requirements are met. A key responsibility of the Technology Specialist is to strike a balance between supporting current MHE authoring tools as well as having a strong representation in the development of new Open Learning tools.
If this describes your background and expertise, we want to hear from you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!
North America-United States-Iowa-Dubuque