Customer Support Supervisor - Irvine, CA
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Customer Support Supervisor in our Irvine, CA office. Does this sound like you?
The Customer Support Supervisor will provide direct customer and technical support to users of ALEKS and Connect Math Hosted by ALEKS (CHBA). Oversee cooperation between Customer Support staff and partner MHE departments. Participate and assist in a wide range of activities conducted by the Customer Support Department. Supervise the work of front-line Customer Support Representatives under the guidance of the Customer Support Manager.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Provide direct support, normally by telephone and e-mail, to users of ALEKS and CHBA, including instructors, teachers, administrators, students, as well as Sales and Marketing staff to partner departments.
- Supervise and oversee the work of front-line Customer Support Representatives, under the guidance of the Customer Support Manager, coordinating the efficient performance of routine tasks.
- Work directly by telephone, email and occasional travel, with the Customer Support staff of other MHE Support teams, monitor and manage their cooperation in support activities with ALEKS Corporation, providing customer support to the staff of other departments, and assisting directly in the development and implementation of cooperative support mechanisms through original and critical thought and communication with the Customer Support Manager.
- Contact customer according to procedures and timetables set by the Customer Support Manager in order to work with them on issues regarding the use and effectiveness of ALEKS and CHBA.
- Assist in departmental activities, including research, documentation, and training.
- Participate in troubleshooting and testing of ALEKS and CHBA, and contribute actively to their development and improvement.
- Observe and support department and company-wide standards for communication and record-keeping.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge about all aspects of ALEKS and CHBA.
- Monitor and collect information on ALEKS and CHBA use.
- Cooperate flexibly with and support other departments in MHE.
- Perform other assignments or duties as required.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with personal computer operating systems and applications.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- High level of professionalism, maturity, energy and enthusiasm.
- Customer or technical support experience.
- Proficiency in basic mathematics.
- Management experience or proven aptitude preferred.
- Knowledge of Spanish or other foreign language preferred.
- Technical and/or programming expertise preferred.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!