Manager, Credit & Collections - East Windsor, NJ
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Manager, Credit & Collections in our East Windsor, NJ office. Does this sound like you?
This position manages the offshore collection operations including setting collections strategy and consistently reporting on results versus targets. The Manager, Credit & Collections (MCC) will be the conduit between Credit and Collection’s Senior Management and the offshore collections Supervisors/Staff. The MCC will handle the escalations of internal and external customers, including District Sales Manager, Senior Vice Presidents and Senior Business Unit Leadership. The MCC also administers the Final Demand letter process and placement of accounts with third party collections agencies.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Oversee offshore collection operations in driving collection strategies and identifying challenging or high risk accounts. Ensure cash forecasting targets are met and conduct post mortem of previous month.
- Supervises offshore staff on the full collection methods necessary to maximize cash receipts, minimize DSO and delinquencies; and ultimately ensure cash forecasting targets are met.
- Manage and review Final Demand Letter process to ensure operation is efficient, effective, and compliant
- Laisse with business units on customer contracts relating to special payment arrangements or exceptions of MHE contracts along with resolving billing disputes
- MCC will administer and manage daily and monthly offshore operation reports to MHE Credit and Collections Management
- Manage both internal and external customer escalations to resolve outstanding issues that could withhold payment or prevent any positive customer experience
- Travel as appropriate on customer visits, other MHE entities, and MHE’s outsource partner in requiring collaboration policies and procedures for continued improvement
- Managing offshore team in remote area of India
- Utilizing interpersonal skills to influence Offshore Asset Managers.
- Responsible for contacting customers to meet cash collection targets while achieving high customer satisfaction
- Skills in dealing with MHE senior management expectations and communication.
- Monitors outsource governance on key dependencies such as reconciliations.
- Knowledge of industries, geographic sectors and customers (special consideration given to publishing/media and exposure to corporate credit
- Ability to work independently
- Work with cross functional teams on customer analysis and cash collection cycles
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills
- Uses interpersonal skills to influence customers, suppliers and other comparable level managers
- Work with small retained on-shore staff for support of large off-shore team
- Significant system knowledge to understand elements of how transactions are accounted for and how customer DSO can be improved
- College degree is required as well as experience in credit, collections balance sheet management skills.
- Basic accounting knowledge is necessary to analyze and resolve issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and Access
- Experience with Oracle or other ERP systems preferred
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!