Sr. Project Manager - Blacklick, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Sr. Project Manager in our Blacklick, OH office. Does this sound like you?
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing multiple work streams of a large scale project in a complex multi-platform environment.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Defines and manages the project: scope, budget, timelines/project plan, resources, deliverables, issues, risks/risk mitigation plans, quality, change control, communication plan, etc…
- Responsible for managing the day to day operations of all phases of the project including: hosting, architecture, requirements gathering, design, development/configuration, conversion, integration, testing, organizational change management & go live.
- Develops and manages milestone based Statements of Work (SOW)
- Anticipates and manages project risk
- Recommends mitigation and corrective actions
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Proactively manage changes in project scope
- Lead a diverse team of internal resources and consultants
- Prepare and deliver presentations, communications, KPI reports and status updates to various audiences.
- Manages the onshore/offshore implementation partner relationship and SLA oversight including reviewing vendor deliverables, holding vendors accountable for meeting timelines and milestones, etc.
- Oversee MHE Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology to ensure the project business needs and benefits are met and that the overall technology solution aligns to functional and technical requirements.
- Builds and maintains a positive, collaborative relationship across all disciplines, while ensuring that key business drivers are met
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Ensure that all business requirements are met
- Bachelor’s Degree required in MIS, Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of project management experience in complex organizations
- Excellent analytical, problem solving communication (verbal and written), and facilitation / organizational skills
- Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies
- Experience in effectively managing an onshore/offshore implementation model
- Successful track record of managing multiple medium to large projects that include both complex functional changes and technical changes such has database upgrade/hardware refresh
- Strong client facing skills
- Thorough understanding of project management and application development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to develop reliable project timelines and deliver against established timelines
- Utilize and implement project management processes and methodologies for IT that ensure projects are delivered on-time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet the customer's expectations
- Possess high-level knowledge and proficiency in project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques.
- Solid project management skills related to project planning and control, scope management, issue and risk management, and quality management
- Proven ability to build, develop, motivate and lead a large team
- Extensive experience in creating high quality project plans using Microsoft Project
- Working knowledge of testing and defect tracking tools such as HP Quality Center
- Working knowledge of HP-Project and Portfolio Management is a plus
- Advanced Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Project skills a must
- Project Management experience preferred in at least 1full lifecycle Enterprise Class Systems implementations such as Oracle eBusiness Suite implementations (11.5.10 or greater), Enterprise Data Warehouse, CRM, etc…
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred
- Experience with major enterprise class systems implementation methodologies such as AIM is a plus
- Tier 1 Consulting experience a plus
- Oracle ERP experience a plus
- Experience with any of the following types of projects is a plus: eCommerce, Rights management, Inventory planning, subscriptions, integration projects, hardware refresh projects.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!