Sr People Data Analytics Specialist - New York City, NY
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Sr. People Data Analytics Specialist in our New York City office. Does this sound like you?
The Culture & Talent (HR) Data Guru interprets people-related business issues or questions and develops analytical approaches to generate data-driven insights and direction. The position will mine data from multiple sources to construct models or trend analyses to identify or pinpoint issues or need for action. The position will generate standard and unique compensation and market data analyses, and will use their technological skill-set to facilitate data-related processes. Developing a deep expertise in all aspects of people data at MHE, the analyst will make recommendations for action, improve the functioning of common tasks such as market pricing, and execute on all non-pre-defined reporting requirements.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Interprets questions and translates requirements from various stakeholders; determines the data needed to answer the question; constructs well-thought out, robust, and accurate analyses; proactively looks for trends, patterns or conclusions that will aid in driving the business forward. Designs visualizations of results that are easy to understand, visually illustrative, and tell a story. (Note that there is an HRMS department that develops pre-defined reports.)
- Conducts ad hoc assignments such as developing live models to help leadership determine the best way to allocate bonus dollars or other rewards, developing bulk spreadsheets for plan participants that model various outcomes, use technology to develop or automate the generation of certain reports, and developing repeatable dashboards. Assignments may require data mining from multiple sources (e.g., Workday, Taleo, market data system, benefits systems, etc.)
- Leveraging previous survey matches and our existing data, the incumbent twill prepare and validate market data submissions for annual compensation surveys. Work with C&T Business Partners to ensure job matchings are accurate and updated when necessary. Look at ways of improving or automating functionality of MarketPay survey data system.
- Utilizing thoughtful analysis of market data, advise recruiters on compensation recommendations for new hires.
- Evaluate compensation processes and procedures and make recommendations for efficiencies and improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- 2-4 years of experience in quantitative data analysis
- Superior Excel skills (including arrays, slicers, statistical plug-ins, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of other analytical tools (e.g., VBA, access) that may be helpful in furthering the analytical function
- Intellectual curiosity – drive to find answers and patterns that were previously unknown and willingness to learn about new functional areas
- Creative ability to display data to tell a story
- Strong customer focus and problem solving ability
- Ability to work strategically while maintaining laser focus on detail; broad thought process and problem solving capabilities.
- Pre-existing knowledge of Workday reporting, Marketpay survey system may be helpful for the role
- Familiarization with compensation and/or benefits data may be helpful for the role
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!