Sr. Product Developer - Chicago, IL
Our Higher Education team delivers powerful platforms, highly personalized course materials, and effective learning supplements to help students achieve their goals at every stage of their academic and professional careers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Act as product champion, liaising with product management, authors, subject matter experts, vendors, digital developers, and production, from establishing product concept to go-to market readiness
- Establish and track dates throughout development and production to ensure on-time delivery
- Manage the review process strategically to meet product objectives: write targeted product-specific review questionnaires and administer online surveys; synopsize data gathered to guide authoring and development
- Train authors in various platforms for preparing learning resources and ancillaries
- Continually monitor the manuscript to ensure that authors are addressing the needs of the market
- Provide author feedback on content quality, style, resources, etc.
- Prepare design specs, including details of new or revised elements, icons, and photo features
- Initiate quality checks and guide vendors, subject matter experts, and authors through the quality process
- Coordinate the development of instructor supplements, including PowerPoints, Instructors Manuals, Test Banks, etc.
- Maintain relationships with various parties throughout the development process, including reviewers, US colleagues, technology specialists from across the company, contracted consultants, etc., as required
- Contribute to digital optimization efforts by embracing new technologies and establishing efficient processes for working with them
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 3-5 years of Product Development required
- Project management skills are an asset
- Ability to work independently but also experience working in and contributing to a team environment
- Excellent relationship-building and communication skills
- Strong market research and analytical skills
- Ability to problem solve across a wide range of stakeholders
- Passion for technology-enabled learning and desire to drive change
- Understanding of Instructional Design an asset
- Experience working with technology teams in an agile environment an asset
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, internet applications
The Product Developer is accountable for content development across our suite of learning solutions/digital media from pre-planning to authoring to production and go-live. The PD works closely with the product management team to identify and ensure appropriate enhancements to deliver market-driven personalized adaptive learning resources and ancillaries. The PD collaborates with the production team and consults with international peers to develop authoritative and creative new content and solutions for online learning. The PD works with authors, subject matter experts, and vendors to deliver these products on-time and on-budget.
If this describes your background and expertise, we want to hear from you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!