Part-Qualified Accountant - Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Looking to grow and establish your finance career? Then we have a new opportunity for not just one but two Part-Qualified Accountants. Working alongside the wider EMEA finance team, you will be responsible in carrying out key aspects of month-end, general accounting processes and provide support to the General Accounting Manager. Undertaking a cross regional approach is vital in this role in order to help drive consistency and best practice within all of the regional offices, Maidenhead, Madrid, Milan and Riyadh, and with the offshore team in India.
Our new Part-Qualified Accountants will be responsible for month-end processes, which can involve determining subjective journal calculations and entries across our EMEA business. You will also be accountable for managing balance sheet reconciliation’s and generating reporting for both internal and external stakeholders.
Your contribution to the team will include:
- Working in partnership, alongside providing support, with the offshore team that process the majority of the non-subjective general ledger entries.
- Controlling and reviewing specific general ledger areas relating to multiple legal entities across the region.
- Ownership of smaller legal entities across the EMEA region.
- Compliance responsibilities, including audit, SOX and external reporting.
You should apply if you have:
- A part-qualification in accounting.
- Experience within a finance department.
- Previous experience to tight deadline year-end audits for both group and statutory reporting.
- Detailed understanding of accounting reconciliation.
- Strong system skills on Excel, desirable skills with Oracle, IP1, TM1, Qlikview or Tableau.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. If you are positive and a natural self-starter, who can collaborate as a team as well as autonomously, we want to talk to you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!