Marketing Director, Content & Thought Leadership - New York City, NY
McGraw Hill Education is looking for a strong candidate to join our team in the role of Marketing Director, Content & Thought Leadership working in our New York office.
Our Higher Education team delivers powerful platforms, highly personalized course materials, and effective learning supplements to help students achieve their goals at every stage of their academic and professional careers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Develop the strategic vision, long-term objectives and editorial plans to drive awareness and engagement around key thought leadership topics through comprehensive marketing programs
- Drive and execute content, thought leadership and events marketing programs inclusive of videos, whitepapers, infographics, webinars, speaking engagements, live and virtual events, sponsorships, sponsored content, third-party relationships, ebooks, listicles, etc. Collaborate with cross-functional team members to push original content and thought leadership programs through owned, paid and earned channels
- Manage team to successfully execute on individual and team-based goals
- Track, analyze and report on activity and program performance
- Participate in creating internal communications and employee engagement activities
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Please note that you will be requested to provide writing samples as well as Content Marketing Samples in order to be considered for this opportunity
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years in marketing communications, content marketing, product marketing, content strategy, and/or PR
- Strong content strategy, messaging, writing, editing, journalistic, video production/editing and storytelling skills
- In-depth understanding of content marketing landscape including best practices and trends in content development, technology, thought leadership, event marketing, agency partners and distribution channels
- Highly effective leader, collaborator and team player
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple projects to deadline and budget simultaneously
- Able to work in a collaborative environment, negotiate challenges, explain considerations and recommend solutions
- A growth mindset, seeing opportunity and solutions when presented with challenges and an always-evolving environment
- Highly organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Displays and acts with initiative, integrity, and professionalism
- Track record of success.
- Strong writing, storytelling, creative, analytic, problem solving, and organizational skills
- High energy, innovative, and able to drive a project and execute to a vision independently
- Demonstrated ability to create effective, persuasive and thought-provoking content marketing pieces
- Able to devise and execute marketing plans, to measure and report results, and to draw conclusions
- Ability to shift direction as market or business needs change
The Marketing Director, Content & Thought Leadership is responsible for driving content, thought leadership and event programs to communicate the story of McGraw-Hill Education and its value proposition, technology and corporate values. This role will also collaborate closely with various teams to build brand strategy and achieve revenue and profit goals.
If this describes your background and expertise, we want to hear from you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!