EDI Analyst & Developer - Noida, India
The EDI Analyst and Developer provides application administration and support of a Sterling (IBM) Gentran Integration Suite (GIS) System. This position requires hands-on experience supporting EDI applications. Candidates must have experience with the technical aspects of Electronic Data Interchange to be considered.
This position requires collecting and analyzing customer specifications for EDI ANSI X12, EDIFACT and other data formats, and creates or maintains EDI data maps that are used to send and receive information to and from the customers and vendors and McGraw-Hill Education.
The position includes an understanding of the Oracle EBS system and requires proficiency in programming PL/SQL and SQL packages that are used to facilitate data transfer and processing of data to and from the GIS EDI maps and the Oracle EBS system.
Successful candidate will working directly with customers and McGraw-Hill business contacts via email and phone to gather and adjust data interface and mapping requirements. Interfaces include VAN (Value Added Network), digital certificate management for the VANs, third party vendors and FTP and SFTP based interfaces. Most EDI maps are ANSI X12 850, 810, 855, 856, 857, 820, 997 and similar but EDIFACT, XML and other formats are also used.
· Direct support of EDI enabled customers questions, requests and modifications to MHE’s
EDI maps and business processes
· Analyzing customer specifications for EDI ANSI X12, EDIFACT and other data formats
· Learn and support the eCommerce Gateway, Oracle EBS inbound and outbound
processing steps and programs, including configuration and PL/SQL coding.
· Learn and support the Oracle EBS Order to Cash system functionality and record
· Support multiple business project teams
· Analyzing customer enablement opportunities and working with the customer and MHE
business to enable them for EDI business.
· Understand SDLC process and apply/modify techniques accordingly.
· Provides effective communication regarding issues.
· Manage customers that generate up to $700 million per year in annual revenue and their
· Knowledge and proficiency with EDI Sterling/IBM Gentran Integration Suite on Solaris or
Linux platforms including mapping and all inbound and outbound business processes.
· Knowledge of Oracle EBS Order to Cash system including inbound and outbound
processes and interfaces to and from the EDI translator, including SQL and PL/SQL
· Interaction with multiple teams composed of FTEs’ and Contractors.
· Batch scheduling for some of the business processes.
· Understanding of different software development life cycles concepts (primarily Agile and
· Understanding of concepts related to software quality assurance process and automation.
· 4+ Years experience on EDI systems with multiple data formats and systems.
· General understanding of relational database concepts, principles, structures and
· Experience with Office Productivity tools.
· Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving ability.
· Excellent communication skills are required.
· Excellent customer support skills and service orientation.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation of EDI maps and Oracle PL/SQL
· Maintaining Oracle EBS e-Commerce Gateway that are used for facilitating data
transmissions with EDI trading partners.
· Oracle OIT inbound interface, order import, PO Ack, ASN and Invoice extract from Oracle,
the EDI mapping operation (using IBM Integration Suite) and interfaces.
· Maintaining customer and vendor timely service level requirements.
· Installing, patching, upgrading and configuring the IBM Integration Suite application system
on a Linux platform.
· Updating EDI maps per company, customer or vendor requirements.
· Onboarding; electronically enabling customers to conduct business with Mcgraw-Hill
· Maintaining security, archival and integrity of company and customer data.
· PCI and Auditor compliance.
· Business Analysis for the EDI system, including the EDI maps, PL/SQL programs, the basic
functionality and processing of customer orders, PO Acks, ASNs and Invoices that are
facilitated through the Oracle EBS system.
· Change migration, version management, test plans, obtaining and applying required
approvals and signoffs.
· Working with customers, customer service, account editing, vendors, customers and
· Working with project teams to help facilitate testing and validation using EDI records and
processing as an integral part of the business team’s projects
· Develop a full understanding of the range of customer relationships and provide phone,
online and in-person support to end-users (both internal and external) on the use of the
· Administer user accounts for all enterprise internal applications.
· Provide timely follow-up and status reports to staff on all issues and inquires throughout the