Portfolio Manager - Chicago, IL
McGraw Hill Education is looking for a strong candidate to join our team in the role of Portfolio Manager for Non-Quantitative Business Courses working in our Chicago office.
Our Higher Education team delivers powerful platforms, highly personalized course materials, and effective learning supplements to help students achieve their goals at every stage of their academic and professional careers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
· Understand market problems through market research and synthesis.
· Drive growth through superior portfolio management. This includes the development of a product strategy & plan with vision statement/value proposition, P&L, resource allocation, schedules, market dynamics, and strategy for success evaluated by senior leadership.
· Drive innovative content solutions that address the needs of the markets through a deep understanding of market problems.
· Work with all appropriate company personnel to guide the timely and profitable publication of course programs with an emphasis on digital content development.
· Work with senior product management team to develop short and long term business goals.
· Work with marketing and market development to develop a short and long-term growth strategy and the tactics to execute on strategic priorities.
· Maintain and strengthen working relationships with vendors, subject matter experts, authors, and internal partners.
· Negotiate contracts and partnerships for new and revised product offerings.
· Demonstrate team building skills through collaboration across all the marketing, product management, and market development functional units.
· Work closely with sales colleagues to ensure successful launches of key programs.
What you’ll need to be successful:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
· Three plus years of customer facing, business development experience.
· Three plus years in a product management, marketing or market development role.
· An energetic personality and also a team player who is comfortable collaborating in a large, fast-paced, team environment.
· Interest in learning about content, instructional design, and curriculum.
· Strong ability to identify, prioritize, and execute business plans to grow market share, promote customer retention, and drive revenue.
· The ability to consistently meet deadlines, and on occasion, turn projects around in a short time frame is required.
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to deliver excellent presentations for internal and external audiences is critical.
· Ability to build customer relationships and gain consensus across an organization.
· Excellent analytical skills required.
· National travel required, approximately 30%.
· Three plus years in educational technology.
· Experience marketing or developing product in the higher education market.
Reporting to the Director, the Portfolio Manager will be responsible for the strategic vision, as well as the acquisition, development, and launch of digital and print products. This individual will be accountable for achieving timely, quality and profitable offerings and will have direct oversight of brand-level development including market analysis, product acquisitions, author management, and project management. They will also lead our product strategy and key flagship brands in our introduction to business, business communication, and management courses.
If this describes your background and expertise, we want to hear from you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!