Executive Assistant - New York City, NY
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
Critical Job Functions:
- Responsible to gather and consolidate data from Professional management team; edits and completes first draft to be presented in an Executive Summary format to key stakeholders; monthly and as required on an ad-hoc basis
- Plans, coordinates and ensures proper Calendar management via Outlook is followed and respected; organizes and sets-up meetings with internal members, including Senior Management; daily and as required on an ad-hoc basis
- Manages travel itinerary booking, itineraries and agendas; ensures corporate travel guidelines are adhered to. Responsible for processing monthly expense reimbursement for these trips.
- Provides administrative support to the Professional management team, as needed.
- Organizes Professional team off-site meetings (reserve conference rooms, hotel, equipment, food, and beverage service); assist in meeting set-up and all logistics; quarterly and as required on an ad-hoc basis
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Works well with other assistants to coordinate work load; cover when out of office.
- Excellent communication skills with strong ability to work productively with others, especially members of Senior Management. Maintains discretion and confidentiality in all work relationships.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are necessary since this individual will be working on multiple tasks at the same time.Ability to prioritize work is critical.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work unsupervised.
- Ability to work with a team and be ready, willing, and able to take any tasks presented by the President of Professional and the members of the Professional management team.
- Strong problem-solving skills as issues/problems will not be the same from day to day.
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in an Executive Assistant role is required.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!