Sr. Design Researcher - ,
Req ID :
Date Posted :
Job Type :
Job Category :
Editorial & Content Development
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning meets the art of teaching. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Senior Design Researcher working remotely. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Director of Experience Design, the Senior Design Researcher employs a human-centered “design thinking” approach to identify unmet customer needs and creates new product and service concepts to better meet those needs. This candidate will plan and conducts generative human-centered design research, synthesizing research data to yield actionable insights that are communicated to project sponsors in a clear and compelling visual manner through diagrams, models, & prototypes or wireframes.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Demonstrates expert level HCD skills through team mentoring and project leadership
- Plan and conduct customer research to support product and service design.
- Contribute to product strategy and innovation by facilitating cross-functional participation in the conceptual design process and through the generation of product concepts, prototypes & wireframes.
- Communicates research findings
- Continuously improves the practice of design strategy and research
Successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or related field.
- Post-graduate study, Master’s Degree, or equivalent experience is a nice to have.
- 5 plus years of experience in human-centered design, customer experience design, or user experience design.
- 3 plus years of experience in product development for large organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human-centered design and research methods including contextual inquiry, customer ethnography, customer journey mapping, service design blueprints and other methods for documenting large scale and multi touch point customer experiences.
- Ability to clearly articulate complex design problems and solutions using strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills involving multidisciplinary teams.
- Organized self-starter that is highly productive, has a strong work ethic, is detail-oriented, is methodical and has a “Can do” attitude.
If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.