Sr Financial Analyst - Burr Ridge, IL
We strive to hire extraordinary, diverse, talented, passionate individuals to help change the way we learn. Because learning changes everything.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning improves educational outcomes. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
McGraw-Hill Education has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst in our Burr Ridge, IL Office reporting directly to the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis.
Extensive background in financial planning and analysis, financial reporting, financial systems, ability to working with large data sets, cost analysis, highly motivated with a commitment to quality, and accuracy and common sense problem solving. Collaborates with leadership and performs effectively as a consultative business partner in all facets of an organization.
In this position, you will be responsible for performing complex budgeting and forecasting; provide accurate financial reporting of the business performance and trends, actively participate in business cases, strategic planning and driving transformative change in financial and operational processes.
- Extensive involvement in the business unit’s month-end close process; preparing related journal entries, analysis and any other activity that is required to ensure that the financial statements are fairly presented in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare the business unit’s monthly financial reporting package to be furnished to senior leadership team including Financial Statements, analysis on the operation results and financial position.
- Preparation and analysis of the annual consolidated Medium to Long Term Plan including the Operating Budget, Balance Sheet and Operating Free Cash Flow forecasts along with supplemental analysis of individual Segment Operations Departments. Consolidate the submissions and complete the required reports and analyses. Prepare presentations of the financial plan for senior leadership team.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the reporting structure in both the TM1 database and Oracle (general ledger).
- Coordinating all Segment and Corporate requests for various financial information requests to ensure timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements are met including Capital Expenditures, Deferred Projects and project spending in P/L.
- Work with other finance staffs across functional area to consolidate divisional results along with written analysis of variances to various comparison periods (month, quarter, full year, budget, estimate and prior year).
- Continuous Collaboration with various teams in finance and accounting operation to assist and strengthen financial planning, analysis and reporting process.
- Utilize analytical capability and experience to evaluate business unit performance and provide recommendations to improve operational efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Develop, implement, maintain and monitor meaningful forward looking indicators and key business metrics, and translate observed trends into meaningful business analysis and recommendations. Administrative guidance to the business units as well as the team.
- Provide on-going financial analysis as needed to support the Higher Ed Business Unit and ad-hoc requests from the CFO, Director of Finance and Manager of Finance.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelors (or Masters) Degree in Business (Accounting/Finance/Economics), or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting/Finance for Senior Analyst.
- 3+ years of experience in FP&A for Senior Analyst.
- Strong/Adept data quality and modeling skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills.
- Strong strategic thinking skills and ability to prepare and present complex information to senior management and large groups.
- Sound knowledge of corporate accounting policies and procedures and of basic financial techniques for planning, forecasting, and related analyses.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
A successful candidate may have:
- MBA and/or CPA.
- Financial system/application (TM1, Oracle, SAP, etc.) experience.
- Data analytics, queries & programming ability (Tableau, SQL, SAS, Access, Business Objects, etc.)
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!