Intern - Portfolio Strategy - Columbus, OH
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
Watch this video for a glimpse into our Internship experience... http://bit.ly/2jrzbZ2 (A number of our interns have become full-time employees at the end of their studies).
McGraw-Hill Education is moving from its long history as a renowned publishing house to a digital-first educational company. We are currently building exciting product ecosystems that improve the learning and teaching experience. We’d like you to be a part of this exciting work!
We have an opening for an innovative, energetic, strategic Portfolio Strategy Intern in our Columbus, OH office. The anticipated timeline will be May to September of 2018 at 20-40 hours per week, flexible per individual's requirements. Does this sound like you?
The Portfolio Strategy Intern reports to the Executive Director, Portfolio Optimization in the McGraw- Hill Education School Group and supports a variety of strategic efforts that will assist the business in establishing its short and long-term plans. This position is a highly collaborative role and will work closely with senior business leaders and cross-functional partners on a regular basis.
- Researching and compiling crucial pieces of information such as competitor performance, operational performance, innovations, markets, etc., from various internal and external sources in order to inform strategic options and ongoing strategy reviews.
- Supports the Executive Director, Portfolio Optimization in establishing and reviewing key strategic priorities and translating them into actionable and quantitative plans.
- Collaborating with and working with the day-to-day teams in developing a clear roadmap that will realize the business's priorities.
- Supporting annual marketing and business unit planning efforts
- Analyzing market trends and benchmarking in order to provide timely insights to various departments and inform recommendations to leadership and management regarding business development opportunities.
- Performs related and/or additional job duties, as required.
A successful candidate will:
- Be enrolled in 3rd or 4th year of Higher Education, or completed 1st year of studies in Master's of Business Administration program.
- Be pursuing a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Consulting, or any other related business field.
- Have strong strategic and analytical orientation coupled with exceptional communication skills.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and leadership qualities.
- Have organizational and planning skills.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.