Market Development Manager - Chicago, IL
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning improves educational outcomes. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch. We strive to hire extraordinary, diverse, talented, passionate individuals to help change the way we learn.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic MARKET DEVELOPMENT MANAGER in our CHICAGO, IL office. Does this sound like you?
The Market Development Manager (MDM) will lead identification of priority faculty to involve in product development efforts with a goal of enhancing developmental feedback and seeding adoptions. The MDM will work with editorial, development, marketing and sales to build and track ongoing and high-value relationships with key target faculty representing our largest and most important growth opportunities. The MDM will direct and use many kinds of activities to collect, analyze and communicate developmental feedback on first edition and growth titles.
- Build, implement and track complete market development plans consisting of reviewing and market testing manuscript, product messages, features, digital components, planning and implementing events to include symposia, focus groups, regional events, WebExes and telefocus groups, class tests, other touch activities, and building and implementing follow-up strategies for all activities.
- Build and keep updated reporting information with regard to budget numbers and conversion rates. Report and track all market development activities through the CRM system.
- Initiate and lead market development launches for key titles
- Work with editorial to build market development budgets for key titles. Track those budgets throughout the cycle of the title.
- Manage freelancers as required; Perform all other duties as assigned
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years publishing experience in editorial, marketing, or sales required.
- Strong PC/Internet Skills including working knowledge excel and other Office programs
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Independent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong project management skills and attention to details
- Ability to analyze data and spreadsheets
- Travel to and run events as required
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodations due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.