Sr Software Engineer (UI) - Boston, MA
We strive to hire extraordinary, diverse, talented, passionate individuals to help change the way we learn. Because learning changes everything.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
The LearnSmart team is looking for an experienced, innovative, strategic Senior UI Engineer to join the team responsible for implementing the next generation of Learning Applications in our Boston, MA office. Our current stack is constituted of Angular applications, Node APIs, build in Jenkins, containerized deployment in ECS, and hosting in AWS with infrastructure provisioned using terraform. The development team is in full control of the infrastructure, leveraging self-serve tools. Do you love developing great UI coming from the crazy mind of our designers? Are you passionate about robust and elegant solutions that scale to serve millions of learners? This team is for you!
- Cross discipline advocate who can ensure on-time delivery across engineering, user experience, product management, system administration, and release management.
- Research technology issues and work with teams staff to understand and resolve challenges.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and PMO to define scope.
- Prototype with emerging technologies to prove product feature sets and enhance SDLC.
- Drive the adoption of conventions and best practices for front-end development.
- Improve user experience and provide elegant and performant interfaces to the customers.
- Ensure instrumentation and coverage metrics are addressed.
- Expertise with distributed version control systems (e.g, git, svn, mercurial, accurev or similar).
- Expertise with DDD and data modeling.
- Expertise with REST.
- Experience with MV* frameworks for front-end development (e.g., Ember, Angular, Backbone).
- Participate in code reviews.
A successful candidate will have:
- BS/MS degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent (i.e. Information Technology).
- Five plus years' relevant experience.
- Experience with front end MVC/MVVM/MV* frameworks (e.g., Ember, Angular, Backbone or similar).
- Experience with RESTful web service integration.
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology and tracking tools (e.g., Rally, Jira, Pivotal or similar).
- Working knowledge of client/server and related technology environments.
- Prior employment, volunteer or intern experience.
- Motivated self-starter and team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’ and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Eager about the digital transformation of education.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodations due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.