Sr Software Engineer (UI) - Boston, MA
The LearnSmart team is looking for an experienced, innovative, strategic Senior UI Engineer to join the team responsible for implementing the next generation of Learning Applications in our Boston, MA office.
Our Digital Platforms Group creates and builds data-driven digital products that enhance teaching and improve learning outcomes. In addition, the team conducts research and development targeted at new market opportunities in the quickly evolving education technology space.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Cross discipline advocate who can ensure on-time delivery across engineering, user experience, product management, system administration, and release management.
- Research technology issues and work with teams staff to understand and resolve challenges.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and PMO to define scope.
- Prototype with emerging technologies to prove product feature sets and enhance SDLC.
- Drive the adoption of conventions and best practices for front-end development.
- Improve user experience and provide elegant and performant interfaces to the customers.
- Ensure instrumentation and coverage metrics are addressed.
- Expertise with distributed version control systems (e.g, git, svn, mercurial, accurev or similar).
- Expertise with DDD and data modeling.
- Expertise with REST.
- Experience with MV* frameworks for front-end development (e.g., Ember, Angular, Backbone).
- Participate in code reviews.
Our current stack is constituted of Angular applications, Node APIs, build in Jenkins, containerized deployment in ECS, and hosting in AWS with infrastructure provisioned using terraform. The development team is in full control of the infrastructure, leveraging self-serve tools. Do you love developing great UI coming from the crazy mind of our designers? Are you passionate about robust and elegant solutions that scale to serve millions of learners? This team is for you!
What you'll need to be successful:
- BS/MS degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent (i.e. Information Technology).
- Five plus years' relevant experience.
- Experience with front end MVC/MVVM/MV* frameworks (e.g., Ember, Angular, Backbone or similar).
- Experience with RESTful web service integration.
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology and tracking tools (e.g., Rally, Jira, Pivotal or similar).
- Working knowledge of client/server and related technology environments.
- Prior employment, volunteer or intern experience.
- Motivated self-starter and team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’ and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Eager about the digital transformation of education.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!