Reporting Analyst - Burr Ridge, IL
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning improves educational outcomes. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch. We strive to hire extraordinary, diverse, talented, passionate individuals to help change the way we learn.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Senior Business Analyst in our Burr Ridge, IL office. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the VP, PMO and Performance Analytics, the Senior Business Analyst is responsible for the development, maintenance and improvement of core reporting outputs, driving increased automation and consistency in information provided. This role is also responsible for supporting overall improvements in data architecture, metric definition and process throughout the division.
- Extract and manage large amounts of data in multiple formats, conduct analyses and concisely and effectively communicate the findings and support decision making process at all levels within the organization;
- Translate stakeholders’ requirements into report deliverables, coordinate with multiple stakeholders to drive the requirement gathering, design, automation, testing and deployment of key reports for all parts of the division;
- Support and improve the product data structure and the integration of all systems including diagnostic, financial, reporting, and ecommerce applications into overall data warehouse environment;
- Create and define best practices for documentation of all key reporting, including identification of control processes and following appropriate change control processes;
- Summarize and presented the key finds and insight from data analyzed and provide recommendations on approach and actions for next steps;
- Creative, responsive and adaptive in a dynamic team environment and have the aptitude and desire to learn new competencies and the ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions;
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal clients and partners.
- 2 or more years of experience in an analytical or reporting role;
- Bachelor’s business, computer science or other relevant field preferred or equivalent work experience;
- Expertise with SQL, PL/SQL, Excel VBA/Macro and/or ELT Reporting tools;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel and Access and VBA);
- Experience with SharePoint;
- Experience with creating processes and defining best practices;
- Familiarity with accounting and finance practices and principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle applications;
- Experience with statistics analysis packages such as Tableau or SPSS/SAS/R programming a plus
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!