Sales Operations Coordinator - East Windsor, NJ
We strive to hire extraordinary, diverse, talented, passionate individuals to help change the way we learn. Because learning changes everything.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Sales Operations Coordinator in our East Windsor, NJ office. Does this sound like you?
The Sales Operations Coordinator will provide high quality sales support to MHE Professional’s Sales and Account Managers and their customers. Ensure that billing files and orders are received, processed and reconciled with all discrepancies researched and resolved for ebook, audiobook, apps and print on demand (POD). Assist Digital Sales Support team with trials and temp access for subscription products. Cross-train to support print sales support as needed.
- Process Customer ebook and Print on Demand (POD) Billing Files: Retrieve customer billing files from customer website or receive directly from the customer via email, ensuring that all are received in a timely manner, as written in the MHE agreement. Work independently to run billing files through the Access database built for this purpose to ensure price and discount accuracy. Billing files are then exported and processed via EDI to be billed in Oracle. For billing files that cannot be exported to EDI for processing, work with Order Management to arrange for the order to be keyed manually. Billing files are processed bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly depending upon customer and availability of files. Track billing files through to invoice and verify the accuracy.
- Reconcile eBook and Print on Demand (POD) Billing Discrepancies: Identify, research and resolve ISBN, and pricing issues that may occur associated with customer billing files. Correct any issues prior to processing and communicate errors to Sales Manager and/or Customer for updating in Customer’s system and relaying expectation of additional payment that may be necessary. Assist Credit department with complex account reconciliations as needed. Assist Cash Application department by advising on payment application via a metrics log and other research as deemed necessary. Participate in meetings/conference calls with Sales Reps, Account Managers and Customers as needed.
- Royalty and Commissions: calculate royalty and commission amounts for select customers. Distribute to Royalty and Cash Application departments monthly.
- Process Improvement: Consistently review billing and reconciliation processes to identify areas for improvement to increase productivity, efficiency and accuracy and discuss improvements with manager before making changes. Work with appropriate teams to implement approved changes.
- Maintain Department Process and Procedure Documentation: An annual review and update of written documentation as processes evolve and responsibilities change to ensure documentation is current and accurate at all times.
- Assist with Digital Subscription and Print sales support: Review for accuracy, and coordinate processing of product trials, trial extensions, temporary access, and other digital work as needed with Customer Service department and log on department metrics report. Work with Account Editing department to have new accounts set up as needed. These tasks usually require same day turnaround. Cross-train with the print Sales Operations Coordinator to assist during busy times or office absences.
A successful candidate will:
- Be in a high visibility position within the group and the importance of this role contributes directly to MHE/Professional revenue goals.
- Understand the varied roles and business needs of MHE/Professional customers and learning how to apply that knowledge to daily interactions.
- Ensure a clear understanding of what information if needed to solution issues with billing files is needed to solve complex requirements.
- Support print book customers when the Sales Operations coordinator handling that work is absent from the office. This requires continued curiosity to understand and learn more and cross-training to be able to apply the knowledge when handling the work.
- Require strong relationships and frequent interaction with Customer Service, Credit and Cash Application departments.
- Manage time and multi-tasking with importance. These are critical to be able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Understand MHE systems, procedures, policies, and data confidentiality. This position requires a high level of integrity and accuracy.
- Have thorough understanding using a variety of customer web portals for data review and retrieve monthly, weekly or daily files, as appropriate.
- Process digital subscriptions trials and enter these transactions into the Digital Metrics Grid.
- Handle other digital work as needed.
- Understand the eBook EDI process to be able to submit orders this way so they do not need to be manually keyed.
- Work Outside in, Drive Data, Partner Across Teams, and Execute with Agility
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years sales support experience
- High level organizational and follow up skills required
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to find and track patterns in data
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Access skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to prioritize and reprioritize as needed. Multi-tasking is essential in this role.
- Self-motivation and ability to work without constant supervision.
- Willingness to take ownership of and be accountable for providing customized, elite support.
- Knowledge of EDI process critical.
- Understanding of Enterprise Data Warehouse critical to be able to write and update reports, as needed.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodations due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.