ETL Integration Architect - Blacklick, OH
McGraw-Hill Education: We want YOU to be part of the way we’re changing learning.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic ETL Integration Architect preferred to be in our Blacklick, OH office, but also open to East Windsor, NJ and Dubuque, IA. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Director of Integration Services, the ETL Integration Architect will be responsible for the assessment of business requirements, collection, identification and approval of technical specifications, and subsequent development of technology solutions in the ETL integration space. Design solutions in accordance with architectural standards. Creating and maintaining roadmaps to address gaps and move the domain towards future architecture. Developing technology specifications and ensuring that new technology solutions are designed for optimal access and usefulness.
- Design and architect Extract, Transfer and Load
(ETL) strategies needed to support required staging, warehouse, or data
marts. Develop detailed implementation plans estimating duration and
identifying dependencies. Collaborate across Information Technology
areas and business areas to ensure data artifacts meet requirements of
upstream and downstream systems.
- Ensure all artifacts comply with enterprise
standards and governance. Design, build and deploy high quality,
performance, integrated, and documented ETL solutions while following
established standards. Conceptualize, analyze, develop, and deploy strategies
for data acquisition, transformation, and loading on an enterprise
- Identifies key drivers of a defined problem and
proposes solutions. Serves as an expert resource on matters of data
architecture, design in all phases of data warehouse and data mart
development, implementation and support. Ensure logical data model
and other data artifacts are consistent, accurate, flexible and
- Ability to successfully work within multiple
requirements, design, and development approaches and methodologies (agile,
iterative, waterfall, etc.) Minimum of five years as an ETL Architect.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in information technology with a focus on developing and delivering integration solutions to meet business objectives
- Minimum of 5+ years of technical solution architecture experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience of developing and implementing ETL solutions in INFORMATICA
- Experience with Oracle SOA, and/or TIBCO software suite is a plus
- Strong understanding and experience in application development life-cycle i.e. Waterfall and Agile
A successful candidate may have:
- Enterprise class applications, such as Oracle eBusiness Suite, Salesforce.com, Data warehouse, Tableau, Alteryx, Oracle Product Data Hub, or Marketo
- Integration methodologies, such as XML, web services, queues, APIs, or CSV
- Proven ability to define, implement and maintain world class business systems architectures
- Proven ability to collaborate with cross-departmental teams to develop a cohesive and comprehensive understanding of the key business drivers & requirements and to drive systems architecture to meet those business needs.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and negotiation skills; demonstrated ability to work with business groups and deal with challenging situations at all levels of the business; excellent problem-solving, communication and listening skills
- Success energizing and influencing teams toward change without direct line responsibility
- Ability to work in a complex and changing environment
- Must possess professional characteristics such as Flexibility, Objectivity, Initiative, Innovative Thinking, Good Judgment, Perseverance, Commitment, Interpersonal Sensitivity, Business and Profitability Awareness
- Experience leveraging Cloud computing solutions and architectures
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
North America-United States-New Jersey-East Windsor, North America-United States-Iowa-Dubuque