Teacher Reviewer - Columbus, OH
Req ID :
Date Posted :
Job Type :
Job Category :
Analytics and Research
Columbus, OH US
McGraw-Hill Education (MHE) is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. MHE has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
MHE is committed to the highest standard of academic and instructional quality and integrity. Our rigorous development process involves authors, academic consultants, editorial staff, and content reviewers to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of our content and pedagogy. These reviewers may include teachers, subject matter experts (SMEs), or other educational advisers.
Reviewers are selected based on their credentials, grade-level experience, and expertise, including subject-matter expertise, special certifications and credentials (e.g., ESL endorsement, National Board Certification), academic affiliations (e.g., NCTM, ISTE), and diversity in geographic location (e.g., rural, urban, suburban).
MHE is committed to upholding the highest academic standards in students’ learning experiences. We are equally committed to a process that allows members of the teaching community, with an array of diverse thoughts and experiences, to provide input concerning our products.
The formalization of this teacher reviewer position is part of our holistic approach toward ensuring that our content adheres to academic standards and discourse, is not politically driven, and is educationally sound.
MHE’s editorial policy prohibits working with special interest groups before the release of a product. Therefore, we consult with top educators and subject matter experts. The position of teacher reviewer enables teachers currently practicing in K-12 schools to provide input. We have great respect for their considerations, but we are not bound to act on individual or collective personal opinions. In the current age of political divisiveness, one of our primary goals is to avoid political pressure and be educationally sound.
Teacher reviewer is a voluntary position, and depending on the scope of work, may be paid or unpaid. All reviewers will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement with MHE and agree to have their names included in our published materials. Reviewers will be given access to MHE intellectual property, and must maintain strict confidentiality during the development process and after its conclusion, including with respect to the nature of the reviewer’s feedback to MHE. Reviewers can be located anywhere in the United States.
A successful candidate will have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in education, the subject area (social studies, science, math, etc.), or related field
- Must hold a valid teaching certificate and be currently teaching in at least one of the 50 U.S. states
- 2 plus years teaching experience in the grade level covered by the product being reviewed
- Knowledge of the appropriate content and pedagogy
- Knowledge of state standards (if applicable)
- Familiarity with various learning styles and digital instructional methods
A successful candidate may have:
- Experience creating instructional materials
- Experience on curriculum review panels for districts or states
- Experience with ELL/ELD instruction
- Special certifications and credentials (ESL endorsements, Nationally Certified Teachers (NCT); M.S. literacy endorsements)
- Academic Affiliations: Members of Board of NCSS, Department Chairs, ISTE members
Reviewer tasks may include the following:
- Reviewing content for student and teacher materials
- Evaluating prototypes and/or manuscript for sample lessons or features
- Reviewing writers’ guidelines for manuscript
- Reviewing a scope and sequence, outline, list of literature, or table of contents
- Evaluating overall content and structure for appropriate rigor, reading level, level of engagement, scaffolding, and overall pedagogy
- Reviewing narrative, headings, maps, graphics, and captions for clarity, accuracy, and appropriateness
- Reviewing materials for adherence to standards
- Reviewing assessments for variety, depth and quality of questions.
- Commenting on teacher materials and suggested activities for classroom suitability
- Reviewing manuscript before it is set as pages or authored into online systems
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.