Sr Financial Analyst - Burr Ridge, IL
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning improves educational outcomes. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch. We strive to hire extraordinary, diverse, talented, passionate individuals to help change the way we learn.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
McGraw-Hill Education has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst in our Burr Ridge, Illinois office reporting to the Finance Manager – Products & Markets. The ideal candidate will have an extensive background in financial planning, analysis and reporting, with an ability to work with large data sets and a commitment to quality, accuracy and common sense problem solving. The right candidate will operate as a consultative business partner, collaborating with management across all facets of portfolio management, product development and marketing.
- Analyze business unit performance, monitor variances, identify trends and recommend actions to management.
- Preparation and analysis of the annual Budget, Medium Range Plan, and rolling forecast processes for Business Unit.
- Develop business cases and pro-forma financials for capital management decisions (Red Folders) and new business opportunities.
- Provide leadership across organization on using and interpreting data for day-to-day decision making.
- Develop Tableau Dashboards and partner with data teams to define data pipeline requirements and drive data quality efforts.
- Support Corporate and local FP&A teams for monthly/quarterly/annual planning and reporting requirements.
- Ad hoc analysis, projects, and duties as assigned.
A successful candidate will have:
- Strong analytical thinker with high data literacy, strategic in focus with ability to prepare and present complex information to senior management and large groups.
- Microsoft Office power user (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc…)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Independent, high energy, self-motivated individual who wants to be challenged.
- Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and focus on the most critical tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Financial systems/applications (TM1, Oracle) required.
- Experience with Tableau Desktop/Alteryx or similar data visualization/data modeling tools preferred.
A successful candidate may have:
- Bachelor’s (or Master’s) Degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in financial forecasting, reporting and analysis.
- MBA, CPA or Big 4 experience a plus.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodations due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.