Marketing Automation Specialist - Columbus, OH
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning meets the art of teaching. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, and highly motivated Marketing Automation Specialist in our Columbus, OH office. Does this sound like you?
The Marketing Automation Specialist will be responsible for supporting the execution of integrated marketing programs through our marketing automation platform (Marketo). As a power user of Marketo, the Marketing Automation Specialist will act as a key resource for the marketing teams, providing guidance on email and lead nurture best practices and the ideal usage of marketing tools and technologies to achieve optimal campaign performance and meet business objectives.
- Support the execution of integrated marketing programs through our marketing automation platform (Marketo), including programs for email and lead nurture campaigns, landing pages, paid search and social campaigns, and other programs to ensure all marketing activities are trackable and measurable.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with stakeholders, including Relationship Marketing, Product Marketing, Creative, Sales, Strategy & Analytics, and other departments, as a strategic partner and advisor for marketing automation best practices.
- Support A/B testing to gain actionable insights and improve campaign performance.
- Project manage multiple job requests and maintain detailed project schedule.
- Understand and master available data sources/data structure, and develop data segmentation strategies to effectively communicate with marketing team’s ideal target audience.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, or equivalent work experience.
- One to three years of experience working directly with marketing automation platforms, specifically Marketo.
- Understanding of digital marketing strategies and the customer journey
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience in Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM).
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take the lead in optimizing campaign quality and suggesting technical enhancements to improve performance.
- Understanding of the latest trends, challenges, and capabilities in the marketing automation space.
- Strong project/time management skills (very organized and able to manage multiple projects).
- Understanding of marketing operations, specifically building requirements for list segmentation, workflows and triggered emails.
- Strong work ethic, keen attention to detail, and an ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
A successful candidate may have:
- Experience in Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM).
- The willingness to be a Marketo Certified Expert.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.