Human Resources Director EMEA - London, United Kingdom
Do you thrive in a changing environment? Do you love the ability to help shape an evolving business, and to make a real difference in your HR role? If so then please take a look at this exciting role with McGraw-Hill Education.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a senior HR Business Partner to take on HR generalist responsibilities for our EMEA regional business.
The role requires partnership with the MD of the region and his senior management team through facilitation and deployment of HR programs and initiatives to achieve talent and organizational objectives. The position holder will manage the execution of a broad spectrum of HR responsibilities in a business undergoing transformational change, requiring an awareness of business objectives and challenges in order to facilitate a proactive HR approach.
This role contributes to, and where accountable, defines the HR strategy and initiatives that support the acquisition, development and management of people in the region.
- Own and manage the relationships with managers in the region, including Directors and the Regional Managing Director.
- Develop and own the delivery of the strategic HR plan for the business supported, ensuring consistency with MHE and International & Professional global HR goals.
- Act as a consultant to managers and provide input on the HR implications of strategic and operational decisions and plans, acting as an integral member of the regional management team and the International & Professional Global HR team.
- Maintain a strong focus on employee relations, performance management, engagement and retention activities, including an understanding of compensation and benefits and development activity.
- Support and develop line managers in driving a performance culture through coaching, facilitating talent assessments and succession planning meetings.
- Provide expert input to managers as well as the HR team in terms of EMEA (multi-country) employment legislation, policies and practices.
- Support the design and delivery of appropriate training and development programs.
- Take full responsibility with their team member for all HR administration resulting from the roll out of HR initiatives and consistently update/control data in HRIS as needed (we use Workday and Taleo for example).
- Deliver on business-critical HR related projects including any new market segments developments.
- Ensure alignment of HR related programs by partnering with peers and colleagues globally and also with our Global HR Centers of Expertise
The successful candidate will be able to evidence a proven track record of experience and competency in areas to include Team Leadership, Talent Management, Change Management, Analytics, and HR specialist/generalist roles. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of a business HR function within MHE International & Professional
- Hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor working environment to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Proven knowledge and practical application of best-in-class HR practices and multi-country employment laws
- Demonstrable experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Coaching and mentoring experience at management level
- Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs
- Will be an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive and inclusive work environment
- High energy and flexible with a huge amount of drive
- Ability to travel abroad on a regular basis
- Fantastic communication skills both verbal and written
- Comfortable with high volume workload and not afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
- Strong solutions focus and comfortable working in an environment that demands strong deliverables
- Ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Ability to develop strong working relations at all levels
- Talent to manage multiple priorities simultaneously; orientated on results - while retaining all relevant information
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Demonstrate leadership and an ability to develop others in the HR team
- Knowledge of HR systems (experience of Workday would be appreciated)
- Strong collaborative skills and experience to foster rapid performance
- Experience in multi-country senior HRBP roles to include EMEA is key
- A demonstrable motivation for education sector and learning is a must