QA Lead - Irvine, CA
McGraw-Hill Education: We want YOU to be part of the way we’re changing learning through the use of technology.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized digital learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
We have an opening for a Quality Assurance Lead in our Irvine, CA office. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for providing assistance with general QA/QC of the ALEKS software’s features. You will be performing quality control, testing features and products with use of preexisting formal test cases and validate test results against expected results. You will be evaluating test cases with respect to requirements and will be responsible for the execution of smoke, regression and functional tests.
- Provides proactive leadership that drives the development of robust processes through continuous improvement.
- Managing the daily workload of a Tester and giving direction on projects as needed.
- Collaborate and calibrate with other team leads and supervisors.
- Assists and train new hires.
- Test legacy and new test cases with the use of formal test cases or scripts. Execute smoke, regression and functional tests.
- Interpret test cases, compare them to established specifications.
- Ability to go beyond the specification and anticipate problem areas in the product design and document test cases results and compare to expected results.
- Demonstrates experience working in agile development environment.
A successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in a field such as Math, Science, or Computer Science is preferred; candidates with higher degrees are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Two plus years' experience in QA, working with large, complex projects.
- Ability to show exceptional attention to detail, and be able to interact well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential, as well as follow-up and follow through skills to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Ability to adapt to changes in priorities and new situations as it comes.
- Excellent interpersonal and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently, and in a team is imperative.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume and unofficial transcripts.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.