Curriculum Specialist (Everyday Math) - Illinois, Home, IL
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning meets the art of teaching. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Curriculum Specialist (Everyday Math), preferably in IN, OH, PA or NY. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Professional Learning Director, the Curriculum Specialist will be responsible for providing educational expertise to the sales team and schools for the sale and implementation of a variety of instructional materials/programs and services to private, parochial, and public schools / districts. This individual will position himself / herself as credible with educators and know how to balance being the expert while maintaining a customer focus. You will strategize with sales colleagues on campaign planning and execution and to position products including meeting with teachers, district or higher level administrators and educators pre and post-sale and create and deliver explicit sales presentations that support the sales message. The Curriculum Specialist supports numerous other contacts with the customer including product in-services and professional developmental workshops for educators. At every interaction with the customer, you seek opportunities to advance the sale, close some sales, and/or upsell and find new revenue opportunities. As well, you will implement a consultative selling approach and understand value drivers and implicit and explicit questioning techniques. The Curriculum Specialist will create and deliver internal product and program training, as well as support pilot sales.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports detailing sales activity and progress towards goals.
- Learning and demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of existing and new programs/products and being able to convey that knowledge to others in a short period of time.
- Following up on customer requests and identify/resolve concerns in a timely manner.
- Recognizing and understanding customer verbal cues and body language, able to handle any situation and objection with finesse, and maintain composure at all times.
- Supporting sales colleagues in attending exhibits, educational conferences, etc.
- Regular, overnight travel up to 80%.
- BA/BS or equivalent years of work experience
- Spanish fluency desired, especially in some markets and with select product lines.
- Three plus years of experience teaching, preferably K5.
- Product experience or discipline experience will be required by the exact position.
- Professional, strong verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Specialization in digital technology products/platforms and technology implementation.
- Microsoft software skills: Outlook (basic) Power Point (advanced and with knowledge of complimentary presentation products), Word (intermediate) and Excel (basic).
- Access to a major metropolitan airport.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Master’s highly preferred.
- Recognized authors/published is a plus.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
North America-United States-Indiana, North America-United States-Ohio, North America-United States-New York, North America-United States-Pennsylvania