Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Columbus, OH
Change Agent (n): an individual with an unstoppable desire to make the future course of something different from what it is, or from what it would be, if left alone.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning meets the art of teaching. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
MHE has an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Product Marketing Manager, PreK-5 STEM, located in our Columbus, OH or Chicago, IL offices. In this position, you will oversee our marketing for elementary science and mathematics, ensuring we are developing the best programs for the market by employing market research, customer segmentation, Voice of the Customer, product portfolio management, competitive positioning, market assessment, pricing, and new product development.
We are searching for a strategic, innovative thinker with an understanding of marketing and product development. The ideal candidate will have a passion for education and marketing and get excited about supporting the transformation of a market leading company. In this role as Sr. Product Marketing Manager, you will be tasked with leading a talented team and working across departments to develop and market innovative programs. The job requires an ability to think strategically, implement effectively, and work cross-functionally with effective leadership and communication.
Here is what our high achievers do every day:
- Collaborate within marketing, and with sales and product development to bring the voice of the customer to everything you do.
- Bring insightful questions that challenge the status quo as you assist the product and marketing teams with the development of revenue targets, accurate forecasting, profitability, and pricing.
- Collaborate with sales and a variety of marketing functions to drive revenue through strategic marketing planning and execution.
- Support efforts to understand education, curriculum and the competitive landscape and provide competitive differentiation through sales support and the development of product plans.
- Manage a highly qualified team in planning, budgeting, customer focus, program and campaign execution, talent acquisition and growth.
- Contribute to PreK-5 portfolio strategy, revenue, growth, processes with an eye to relentless incremental improvement.
The Sr. Product Marketing Manager must be strategic, collaborative, hands-on, and able to deliver results in a fast-paced environment. This person must have strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills. This individual will be a team leader who is well versed in the details.
A successful candidate will be/have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business or relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Five plus years of experience in a strategic marketing function, preferably B2E or B2B.
- Experience with science and/or math educational product.
- Exposure to segmentation, positioning, pricing, campaigning and new product development practices.
- Confident and willing to take risks and make smart decisions based on data.
- Strong ability to lead and influence at all levels within the organization.
- Strategic thinker who puts the needs of the whole over individual contribution.
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal forms.
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency.
- Desire to learn, ask questions and challenge conventional thinking.
- Always acts with the highest level of ethics and integrity.
- Able to travel up to 25%.
A successful candidate may have:
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.