Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Columbus, OH
MHE has an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Product Marketing Manager for PreK-5 STEM, preferred in our Columbus, OH office, but open to Chicago, IL as well. In this position, you will oversee our marketing for elementary science and mathematics, ensuring we are developing the best programs for the market by employing market research, customer segmentation, Voice of the Customer, product portfolio management, competitive positioning, market assessment, pricing, and new product development. Relocation assistance will be provided for the right candidate outside of Ohio.
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
We are searching for a strategic, innovative thinker with an understanding of marketing and product development. The ideal candidate will have a passion for education and marketing and get excited about supporting the transformation of a market leading company. In this role as Sr. Product Marketing Manager, you will be tasked with leading a talented team and working across departments to develop and market innovative programs. The job requires an ability to think strategically, implement effectively, and work cross-functionally with effective leadership and communication.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Collaborate within marketing, and with sales and product development to bring the voice of the customer to everything you do.
- Bring insightful questions that challenge the status quo as you assist the product and marketing teams with the development of revenue targets, accurate forecasting, profitability, and pricing.
- Collaborate with sales and a variety of marketing functions to drive revenue through strategic marketing planning and execution.
- Support efforts to understand education, curriculum and the competitive landscape and provide competitive differentiation through sales support and the development of product plans.
- Manage a highly qualified team in planning, budgeting, customer focus, program and campaign execution, talent acquisition and growth.
- Contribute to PreK-5 portfolio strategy, revenue, growth, processes with an eye to relentless incremental improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business or relevant field, or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred.
- Five plus years of experience in a strategic marketing function, preferably B2E or B2B.
- Experience with science and/or math educational product.
- Exposure to segmentation, positioning, pricing, campaigning and new product development practices.
- Confidence and be willing to take risks and make smart decisions based on data.
- Strong ability to lead and influence at all levels within the organization.
- Strategic thought process who puts the needs of the whole over individual contribution.
- Effective communication in both written and verbal forms.
- Results oriented work ethic with a sense of urgency.
- Desire to learn, ask questions and challenge conventional thinking.
- The highest level of ethics and integrity demonstrated.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here http://bit.ly/2zcMQZn to learn more!
North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago