Business Development Manager - London, United Kingdom
Due to our continued growth and success across Northern Europe, we have a brand new opportunity for a passionate and driven Business Development Manager. Covering the UK, Ireland and parts of Northern and Central Europe, we are seeking someone who will be accountable for increasing institutional digital revenue across the territory by driving and securing opportunities for our digital platforms and technology-led solutions.
You will be part of our NECE Sales team, based from home and expected to travel across the region, building business plans that drive revenue and growth opportunities for our education customers, with the focus being on institutional-wide deals. These plans will include implementing strategies to maintain and grow business via a variety of tailored activities geared towards digital usage.
You should apply if you have:
- Previous knowledge and experience of selling digital and online products and solutions.
- An understanding and proven experience of working with Higher Education academic institutions.
- A successful track record of sales success.
- Fluent in English with a second language desirable
Key competencies required for this role:
- Proven diplomacy, listening skills and persuasive skill set.
- Independent working - you must possess the initiative and the desire to cold-call, make appointments and make group decisions.
- Customer focus – ensuring that user experience is monitored and fed-back into appropriate areas of the business.
- Collaborative working – engage with the sales teams and leaders to build targeted market maps across the region.
- Decision making - rollout of a highly effective, robust and sustainable framework to drive digital usage and revenue across the region.
Our new Business Development Manager will design, implement and document best practices to support the ability of the sales team to successfully win institutional opportunities. Ensuring all are aligned with EDGE methodology. The main focus will be on the Higher Education sector, however the role will also have responsibility for developing business opportunities in other areas -
- professional learning
- government learning
- workplace learning
- corporate learning
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. If you possess a real enthusiasm for digital learning and the teaching environment, we want to talk to you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!