Intern – Digital Authoring Specialist - Columbus, OH
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
Watch this video for a glimpse into our Internship experience...http://youtu.be/A4En6Py9Yk4 (A number of our interns have become full-time employees at the end of their studies).
McGraw-Hill Education is moving from its long history as a renowned publishing house to a digital-first educational company. We are currently building exciting product ecosystems that improve the learning and teaching experience. We’d like you to be a part of this exciting work!
McGraw-Hill Education is offering a paid Internship – Digital Authoring Specialist at the headquarters of the School Education Division in Columbus, Ohio. The anticipated timeline will be May to September of 2018 at 20-40 hours per week, flexible per individual's requirements.
Sound interesting? Then read-on….
Are you a current student or recent graduate with a passion for instructional design or education instructional technology to teach and learn in K-12? Would you like to develop incredibly valuable experience at one of the world’s most successful education companies?
Reporting to the Digital Authoring and Design Supervisors, you’ll be working closely with a well-regarded team of Digital Production and Interactive Designers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand functional prototypes including course instructional design and the use of instructional widgets using current technology.
- Support building new content items or assembling courseware based on approved design prototypes and applying instructional design principles.
- Tag content using metadata guidelines to support production build.
- Provide any recommendations to the team to improve the instructional design of templates or courseware.
- Develop any supporting documentation/guidelines needed to support the internal/external build teams.
- Identify scalable needs and develop a library of reproducible build tools for the internal/external build teams.
- Serve as an ongoing interactive design consultant as needs surfaced during production.
- Perform design reviews and make sound layout design recommendations and/or adjustments for interactive templates and media, as necessary based on style guides and instructions.
A successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design or Educational Instructional Technology is required or equivalent years of experience.
- Composition and/or layout experience in digital publishing; utilizing digital content authoring tools is required.
A successful candidate may have:
- Experience writing or developing online courses.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is preferred.
- Experience or strong knowledge in HTML or CSS.
A successful candidate will:
- Be a 3rd or 4th year undergraduate or graduate student pursuing an education, instructional design, or graphic design degree.
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Be productive, have efficient work habits and the ability to prioritize, multitask, and exhibit flexibility.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, which include a thorough command of the English language, spelling, writing, and grammar and a strong attention to detail.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here http://bit.ly/2zcMQZn to learn more!