Intern - Academic Design (Social Studies) - Chicago, IL
McGraw-Hill Education, the leading provider of digital and print educational materials is looking for an Academic Design Intern to join our Elementary (K-5) Social Studies team. It is an exciting time for Social Studies at MHE! We are looking for passionate people to join our team as we eagerly develop our next generation of programs.
Watch this video for a glimpse into our Internship experience...http://youtu.be/A4En6Py9Yk4 (A number of our interns have become full-time employees at the end of their studies).
McGraw-Hill Education is moving from its long history as a renowned publishing house to a digital-first educational company. We are currently building exciting product ecosystems that improve the learning and teaching experience. We’d like you to be a part of this exciting work!
Academic Designers are content and curriculum experts. They assemble high-quality content based on specific product requirements for programs and understanding the solution design. They collaborate with the Academic Design Leads and Product Sponsors to help develop the solution design (both conceptualization and implementation).
Reporting to the Lead Academic Designer, the Academic Design Intern will assist with the development digital and print instructional materials for elementary Social Studies programs from our new office in the Chicago Loop. The anticipated timeline will be May to September of 2018 at 20-40 hours per week, flexible per individual's requirements.
- Assist the K-5 Social Studies Academic Design team
- Work on digital products with tasks such as digital editing and metadata writing and tagging.
- Enter and track data in spreadsheets.
- Must be detail oriented and able to edit a variety of materials both digital and print in a timely manner.
- Communicate with fellow team members about project progress, and develop solutions to address issues.
- Work as a team player to meet all intermediate and final schedules.
A successful candidate will:
- Be enrolled in 3rd or 4th year of Higher Education.
- Have the ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced rapidly changing work environment.
- Have the ability to create, visualize, and lay out content for various delivery formats and classroom settings
- Be highly organized, goal-oriented, and collaborative and have strong attention to detail.
- Have diverse computer skills in MS Excel and Word.
- Have interest/knowledge of some multimedia tools, XML, HTML and content management tools.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!