Digital Academic Designer/Editor (Project Status Worker) - New York City, NY
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Digital Academic Designer/Editor (Project Status Worker) in our New York City office. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Director, Academic Design, DIGITAL Academic Designers/Editors are educational technology and curriculum experts. They assemble high-quality digital tools and materials -- based on specific product requirements and rigorous solution design. They collaborate with a variety of departments to help develop the very best conceptualization and implementation for MHE teachers and students.
- Plan and develop a variety of content (including animations, interactive games, videos, and other cutting-edge teaching resources)
- Develop prototypes, project proposals, and scope documentation
- Contribute towards forecasts and budget-tracking
- Act as liaison between external vendors and internal engineering teams – to establish workflows and maintain communication on project schedules/status
- that is within and in alignment with the PRD and MRD in collaboration with the Academic Design Leads, Product Sponsors, Digital Platform Group (DPG), Marketing and UX Design team members
- Produce accurate, error-free, high-quality products that meet curriculum standards and market requirements and that display appropriate content, reading level, grammar, and style
- Stay up to date on emerging educational/curriculum trends, educational technology, and emerging technologies within field and adjacent to field
What you'll need to be successful:
- Demonstrate strong understanding of elementary (PreK-5) Reading/Language Arts pedagogical issues and/or strong Digital development and production background
- Ability to create, visualize, and layout content for various delivery formats and classroom settings
- Highly organized, goal-oriented, and collaborative
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy, quality, and on-time delivery
- Excellent communication skills with strong verbal and writing and presentation proficiency
- Displays and acts with initiative, integrity, and professionalism
- Additional advantages (optional):
- Classroom teaching experience and/or of eLearning
- Knowledge of CMS authoring and Learning Management Tools
- Familiarity with cutting-edge software and hardware trends, especially as they relate to Web 2.0 and Social Networking applications
- Excellent communication skills, analytical and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Diverse computer skills, including MS Excel and Word, multimedia tools, XML, HTML and CSS
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here http://bit.ly/2zcMQZn to learn more!