Editorial Director, Clinical Medicine - New York City, NY
We strive to hire extraordinary, diverse, talented, passionate individuals to help change the way we learn. Because learning changes everything.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Editorial Director, Clinical Medicine in our New York City office. Does this sound like you?
This position has direct content and roadmap responsibility for AccessMedicine, an annual subscription service approaching $18,000,000 in revenues. The Editorial Director will ensure continued growth of the product through print and digital content acquisitions, and working with the Platform Manager will build and execute product roadmaps through internal and external needs analysis. The Editorial Director will also supervise employees who manage other Access sites in clinical, post-graduate medicine, including Pediatrics, Surgery, Obstetrics, Neurology, Emergency Medicine, and Anesthesia.
- Build and execute product Roadmaps for AccessMedicine.
- Acquire digital content in General Medicine and related areas, as assigned, to secure the execution of the Product Roadmaps.
- Supervise Access employees and products in other areas of clinical medicine and surgery.
- Supervise print acquisitions in general medicine and in the clinical, post-graduate specialties of medicine and surgery.
- Work with editors in Test Prep and Basic Sciences and Allied Health as needed to coordinate content, features, and functions of digital products to the benefit of the growth of the MHE Medical Publishing unit.
A successful candidate will have:
- Twelve plus years’ experience in editorial acquisitions, content development in Professional Publishing.
- Ten plus years’ experience in managerial and supervisory positions.
- Proven experience in digital content development and product management.
- Experience in Digital Product Development and roadmap building/execution.
- BA/BS degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Experience managing author teams to achieve timely delivery and publication of manuscript.
- Knowledge of digital platforms and digital product development and maintenance.
- Strong analysis, product development, management, communication, and financial skills.
- Demonstrated successful business negotiation and partner management skills.
- Demonstrated contract negotiation and implementation skills.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage collaboration across internal departments– product, financial, marketing and operations – and supervise external resources.
- Experience managing business P&Ls.
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills.
A successful candidate may have:
- MA/MS degree in health sciences or product management a plus
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodations due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.