Editorial Director, Clinical Medicine - New York City, NY
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Editorial Director, Clinical Medicine in our New York City office. Does this sound like you?
Our Professional team develops and distributes market-leading medical, technical, engineering and business content in print and digital formats for the professional, education and test preparation communities.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Build and execute product Roadmaps for AccessMedicine.
- Acquire digital content in General Medicine and related areas, as assigned, to secure the execution of the Product Roadmaps.
- Supervise Access employees and products in other areas of clinical medicine and surgery.
- Supervise print acquisitions in general medicine and in the clinical, post-graduate specialties of medicine and surgery.
- Work with editors in Test Prep and Basic Sciences and Allied Health as needed to coordinate content, features, and functions of digital products to the benefit of the growth of the MHE Medical Publishing unit.
This position has direct content and roadmap responsibility for AccessMedicine, an annual subscription service approaching $18,000,000 in revenues. The Editorial Director will ensure continued growth of the product through print and digital content acquisitions, and working with the Platform Manager will build and execute product roadmaps through internal and external needs analysis. The Editorial Director will also supervise employees who manage other Access sites in clinical, post-graduate medicine, including Pediatrics, Surgery, Obstetrics, Neurology, Emergency Medicine, and Anesthesia.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Twelve plus years’ experience in editorial acquisitions, content development in Professional Publishing.
- Ten plus years’ experience in managerial and supervisory positions.
- Proven experience in digital content development and product management.
- Experience in Digital Product Development and roadmap building/execution.
- BA/BS degree required or equivalent work experience; MA/MS degree in Health Sciences or Product Management preferred.
- Experience managing author teams to achieve timely delivery and publication of manuscript.
- Knowledge of digital platforms and digital product development and maintenance.
- Strong analysis, product development, management, communication, and financial skills.
- Demonstrated successful business negotiation and partner management skills.
- Demonstrated contract negotiation and implementation skills.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage collaboration across internal departments– product, financial, marketing and operations – and supervise external resources.
- Experience managing business P&Ls.
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!