Portfolio Manager - Dubuque, IA
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning improves educational outcomes. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
What will you get out of working at McGraw-Hill Education?
- Top notch benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more!
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- We hire dynamic, talented individuals who want to improve their skills, broaden their knowledge and succeed in their career! We offer an environment conducive to growth and have a history of promoting from within!
- Continuous learners are eligible for a personal and professional development fix through our online educational program and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Portfolio Manager for Majors Biology in our Dubuque office. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Executive Portfolio Manager, the Portfolio Manager will be responsible for the strategic vision, as well as the acquisition, development, and launch of digital and print products. This individual will be accountable for achieving timely, quality and profitable offerings and will have direct oversight of brand-level development including market analysis, product acquisitions, author management, and project management. They will also lead our product strategy and key flagship brands in our Majors Biology discipline.
- Understand market problems through market research and synthesis.
- Drive growth through superior portfolio management. This includes the development of a product strategy & plan with vision statement/value proposition, P&L, resource allocation, schedules, market dynamics, and strategy for success evaluated by senior leadership.
- Drive innovative content solutions that address the needs of the statistics and liberal arts math markets through a deep understanding of market problems.
- Work with all appropriate company personnel to guide the timely and profitable publication of course programs with an emphasis on digital content development.
- Work with senior product management team to develop short and long term business goals.
- Work with marketing and market development to develop a short and long-term growth strategy and the tactics to execute on strategic priorities.
- Maintain and strengthen working relationships with vendors, subject matter experts, authors, and internal partners.
- Negotiate contracts and partnerships for new and revised product offerings.
- Demonstrate team building skills through collaboration across all the marketing, product management, and market development functional units.
- Work closely with sales colleagues to ensure successful launches of key programs.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Three plus years of customer facing, business development experience.
- Three plus years in a product management, marketing or market development role.
- An energetic personality and also a team player who is comfortable collaborating in a large, fast-paced, team environment.
- Interest about content, instructional design, and curriculum
- Strong ability to identify, prioritize, and execute business plans to grow market share, promote customer retention, and drive revenue.
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines, and on occasion, turn projects around in a short time frame is required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Ability to deliver excellent presentations for internal and external audiences is critical.
- Ability to build customer relationships and gain consensus across an organization.
- Excellent analytical skills required.
- National travel required, approximately 30%.
A successful candidate may have:
- Three plus years in educational technology.
- Experience marketing or developing product in the Life Science higher education market.
- If you're interested in this position, submit your resume
- We'll review your resume and if you might be a match, we'll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.