VP, South Region Sales - Florida, Home, FL
We strive to hire extraordinary, diverse, talented, passionate individuals to help change the way we learn. Because learning changes everything.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic VP, South Region Sales that will be based remotely in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, or North Carolina. Does this sound like you?
The VP, South Region Sales will provide the strategic direction for a sales force that sells educational solutions inclusive of technology, media and print for grades pre-kindergarten through 12 (K-12). The VP will be responsible for growing revenue in excess of $250M. The territory spans eight states: LA, AL, GA, FL, SC, NC, TN, and WV. The VP will develop and execute sales and marketing strategies to achieve sales and profitability goals.
- Create a culture of success that drives ongoing business development and revenue growth achievement, develop, direct and execute customer centric sales strategies.
- Communicate closely with marketing and product development teams to create strategies, drive sales and provide market feedback as well as oversee product and sales training initiatives.
- Drive sales focused on profitability, margins and maintain budgets (including targeted Free With Order (FWO) and samples percentages).
- Coach and strategize with sales leadership and their teams on how best to achieve sales goals by focusing on profitable product lines and high margin sales.
- Provide direction and partner with finance and operations on sales negotiations and sales forecasting.
- Demonstrates strong competence with data analysis and leverages this information so as to make recommendations to the VP, National Sales for Adoption territories.
We offer a competitive salary and uncapped bonus, a company car, paid expenses, in addition to top-notch benefits. We provide employees the opportunity for personal and professional growth and advancement at a company that is a recognizable leader in all industries it represents.
A successful candidate will have:
- BS/BA required or equivalent work experience
- Eight years’ experience in successful sales management with print and digital
- Success with achieving sales goals in excess of $250M
- Eight years’ experience developing business plans, performing market analysis and building/managing budgets
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation in teams
- Executive level communication skills including ability to listen, oral, written and overall presentation skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Proven ability in leading staff development and working successfully with cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to form solid relationships at all levels
- Ability to make complex decisions involving judgments related to company mission, product effectiveness, market opportunities and competitive dynamics
- Ability to conceptualize, communicate and monitor integration of multiple sales teams through strong transitional plans and communication of new business processes and procedures to minimize post integration distractions
- Ability to travel 40-60% of the time within the SE territory
A successful candidate may have:
- Advance degree. MBA Preferred
- Classroom teaching experience/leadership experience in school system
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodations due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.