VP, South Region Sales - Florida, Home, FL
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic VP, South Region Sales that will be based remotely in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, or North Carolina. Does this sound like you?
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Create a culture of success that drives ongoing business development and revenue growth achievement, develop, direct and execute customer centric sales strategies.
- Communicate closely with marketing and product development teams to create strategies, drive sales and provide market feedback as well as oversee product and sales training initiatives.
- Drive sales focused on profitability, margins and maintain budgets (including targeted Free With Order (FWO) and samples percentages).
- Coach and strategize with sales leadership and their teams on how best to achieve sales goals by focusing on profitable product lines and high margin sales.
- Provide direction and partner with finance and operations on sales negotiations and sales forecasting.
- Demonstrates strong competence with data analysis and leverages this information so as to make recommendations to the VP, National Sales for Adoption territories.
The VP, South Region Sales will provide the strategic direction for a sales force that sells educational solutions inclusive of technology, media and print for grades pre-kindergarten through 12 (K-12). The VP will be responsible for growing revenue in excess of $250M. The territory spans eight states: LA, AL, GA, FL, SC, NC, TN, and WV. The VP will develop and execute sales and marketing strategies to achieve sales and profitability goals.
We offer a competitive salary and uncapped bonus, a company car, paid expenses, in addition to top-notch benefits. We provide employees the opportunity for personal and professional growth and advancement at a company that is a recognizable leader in all industries it represents.
What you'll need to be successful:
- BS/BA required
- 8 years’ experience in successful sales management with print and digital
- Success with achieving sales goals in excess of $250M
- 8 years’ experience developing business plans, performing market analysis and building/managing budgets
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation in teams
- Executive level communication skills including ability to listen, oral, written and overall presentation skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Proven ability in leading staff development and working successfully with cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to form solid relationships at all levels
- Ability to make complex decisions involving judgments related to company mission, product effectiveness, market opportunities and competitive dynamics
- Ability to conceptualize, communicate and monitor integration of multiple sales teams through strong transitional plans and communication of new business processes and procedures to minimize post integration distractions
- Ability to travel 40-60% of the time within the SE territory
A successful candidate may have:
- Advance degree. MBA Preferred.
- Classroom teaching experience/leadership experience in school system.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!
North America-United States-North Carolina-North Carolina, Home, North America-United States-Georgia-Georgia, Home, North America-United States-Tennessee-Tennessee, Home