Intern - Communications & Events - Columbus, OH
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
Watch this video for a glimpse into our Internship experience...http://youtu.be/A4En6Py9Yk4 (A number of our interns have become full-time employees at the end of their studies).
McGraw-Hill Education is moving from its long history as a renowned publishing house to a digital-first educational company. We are currently building exciting product ecosystems that improve the learning and teaching experience. We’d like you to be a part of this exciting work!
McGraw-Hill Education is offering a paid Intern – Communications & Events at the headquarters of the School Education Division in Columbus, Ohio. The anticipated timeline will be May to September of 2018 at 20-40 hours per week, flexible per individual's requirements.
Sound interesting? Then read-on...
Are you a current student or recent graduate with a passion for using analytics and data to influence and optimize business decisions? Would you like to develop incredibly valuable experience at one of the world’s most successful education companies?
Reporting to the Sr. Manager Brand Engagement, the Communications and Events intern will help develop and implement events, content and brand strategies to position McGraw-Hill Education PreK-12 division as a Learning Science Company and industry thought leader.
- Support the team in events organization, including logistics and impact follow-up on target audiences.
- Help conceptualize and draft event attendee and demographical reporting.
- Work collaboratively with marketing staff to heighten brand awareness within their product campaigns.
- Follow educational trends providing perspective on relevant issues and trends that provide opportunities for business unit positioning.
- Research and coordinate outlets for thought leadership exposure ensuring the business unit is well positioned to address traditional and emerging communication channels.
- Conducts competitor brand research and audits.
- Working on other projects as needed to support the Brand team.
A successful candidate will have:
- Student or recent graduate in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or Event Management.
- Basic understanding of brand management/perception and how it relates to organizational and marketing functions.
- General working knowledge of social networking channels.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading.
- Comfortable both in independent and team working environments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing work and problem solving.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.