Assistant Academic Designer (Project Status Worker) - Columbus, OH
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning meets the art of teaching. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
The School Education Group, a division of McGraw-Hill Education, a leading provider of print and digital educational materials for grades PreK-12, has an immediate opening for an Assistant Academic Designer (Editor) for Reading Intervention to work on a contractual basis from our Columbus, OH office.
The Assistant Academic Designer (Project Status Worker) will assist in developing high-quality content for teacher and student instructional materials for a variety of K-5 print and digital reading intervention products.
- Produce accurate, error-free, high-quality reading intervention products that meet curriculum standards and that display appropriate content, reading level, grammar, and style
- Work with a variety of authors, vendors, or freelancers to develop content for both print and digital products
- Work in digital authoring tools to deliver high-quality interactive educational products to teachers and students
- Track and follow approved processes and workflows at all stages of product development
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that market requirements, product goals, and project schedules are met
- Stay current on educational research and trends, emerging educational technologies, and classroom use of technology
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including a thorough command of the English language, spelling, writing, and grammar
- Detail oriented and able to edit a variety of materials both digital and print according to established guidelines
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills; productive, efficient work habits
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and exhibit flexibility to rapidly changing priorities and demands
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
A successful candidate may have:
- Previous teaching experience desired, preferably in reading intervention or direct instruction
- Work-related experience in curriculum development, educational technology, or digital content development
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.