Intern - Sales Data Team - Columbus, OH
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
Watch this video for a glimpse into our Internship experience...http://youtu.be/A4En6Py9Yk4 (A number of our interns have become full-time employees at the end of their studies).
McGraw-Hill Education is moving from its long history as a renowned publishing house to a digital-first educational company. We are currently building exciting product ecosystems that improve the learning and teaching experience. We’d like you to be a part of this exciting work!
McGraw-Hill Education is offering a paid Internship – Sales Data Team at the headquarters of the School Education Division in Columbus, Ohio. The anticipated timeline will be May to September of 2018 at 20-40 hours per week, flexible per individual's requirements.
Sound interesting? Then read-on….
Are you a current student or recent graduate with a passion for using analytics and data to influence and optimize business decisions? Would you like to develop incredibly valuable experience at one of the world’s most successful education companies?
Reporting to the Sales Data Team group, you’ll be working closely with a well-regarded team of data experts to provide market insights and real-time measurement of company performance against key market and corporate metrics. You will undertake responsibilities such as:
- Scrubbing data, reviewing and correcting data and checking for accuracy.
- Transforming data variables.
- Transferring data to between software programs.
- Running preliminary descriptive analyses and some high-level analyses of data.
- Presenting actionable information to help various teams make informed business decisions.
- Building or updating reports to make them more informative to support business decisions.
- Perform strategic analysis using disparate sources of information to support the decision-making process.
- Work closely with the Data team on new and exciting methods of presenting data/information to define segmentation groupings and life-time value metrics.
- Be a 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student pursuing an education statistics, mathematics, computer science, business intelligence, data science or analytics.
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Be productive, have efficient work habits and the ability to prioritize, multitask, and exhibit flexibility.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, which include a thorough command of the English language, spelling, writing, and grammar and a strong attention to detail.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.