Director, Product Management for Math Personalized Learning - Columbus, OH
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning meets the art of teaching. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Director of Product Management, PreK-12 Mathematics Personalized Learning in our Columbus (preferably), Boston, NYC or Chicago offices. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Portfolio VP, the Director of Product Management, PreK-12 Mathematics Personalized Learning will have knowledge of educational technology, product development, and classroom teaching in order to define product and service solutions that are effective, engaging, efficient, and easy to use. You must be energized through meaningful collaboration with cross-functional teams, including content experts, project managers, business managers, and product marketing managers. You champion the voice of the customer and provide leadership to a large project team to maintain a consistent product vision.
- Conceptualize and create winning solutions that align tightly with market requirements; facilitate this work by translating research-based market needs into compelling product visions and definitions, testing concepts and experiences with customers, and making smart modifications and tradeoffs.
- Serve as the primary decision maker for how the product is defined, holding teams accountable to product and market requirements.
- Solve problems and remove barriers to ensure product is correctly aligned to market needs, meets market deadlines, and doesn’t exceed the approved budget.
- Work with platform experts to define required technology specifications and determine how proposed products/services can integrate with existing McGraw-Hill Education platforms in order to solve customer problems.
- Work closely with marketing and sales efforts around messaging, go-to-market strategy, and marketing plan execution.
- Serve as an internal and external thought leader and spokesperson for his/her programs by participating in industry organizations and market outreach efforts.
- Continuously monitor product performance, the competitive environment, and market changes so that you can increase product effectiveness and ultimately drive profitability.
A successful candidate will have:
- Five plus years of experience leading product development projects related to instructional solutions; expertise in both digital and print delivery (preferably a background in Mathematics and/or Personalized, Blended learning).
- Bachelor’s degree in education, marketing, business field(s), or equivalent experience required.
- Confident, objective, inquisitive, motivated, collaborative self-starter.
- Ability to analyze, summarize and synthesize varied inputs to a cohesive, engaging solution, vision and profitable programs; must think and act strategically while demonstrating the hands-on skills necessary to deliver high-quality product solutions.
- Knowledgeable regarding educational methodologies, instructional design, technology development, and production processes.
- Proactive, flexible leader who takes personal responsibility for product development
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate across functional teams.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing environment, while dealing with various levels of ambiguity with grace.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
North America-United States-New York-New York City, North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston