Digital Platform Trainer - East Windsor, NJ
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning improves educational outcomes. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Digital Platform Trainer in our New York City office. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Regional Director, Sales Operations NA, the Digital Platform Trainer will be responsible for designing and executing customer programs/workshops delivering high quality digital subscription customer user support and training that is quantifiable. These programs should be developed to enhance the customer experience and there is interaction to maintain and maximize the renewal of subscription products, with an emphasized focus on institutional customers. This position is tightly aligned with the other User Service team positions and works closely with Sales, Product, and Marketing Groups to understand content requirements to develop generic and customized training plans and also with Product, and Marketing teams is to maximize usage and to increase post-sales visibility that is in-line with customer expectation.
- Conduct in-person, web-based, live-chat, phone and emailing training to promote product features and functionality to the user community. Identify customer specific training needs to drive quality of the user experience and overall usage. Provide easy options for customers to find answers as quickly as possible. This includes internal and customer facing helpdesk software that is a design tired system for customer priority to ensure that personal service is readily available when needed or expected.
- Suggest, create, and support virtual and face-to-face customer events, such as Advisory Boards, User Groups, etc. and maximize onsite customer programs with invitations, prospects, local partners/customers, signage, etc.
- Track and report on the success of the customer outreach provided to the renewal rate and upgrades or new product sales.
- Work with Sales and Marketing teams to identify cross/up selling opportunities as well as at-risk accounts that have not optimized usage potential. For key accounts, align with account managers to mitigate risk and increase revenue and determine scalable revenue by working with the Marketing team for the entire account base. Consult with sales contacts to reach end-users and together determine optimal training programs. Engage customers to ensure key product features are enabled, well-advertised, leveraged and solve customer needs. Communicate professionally and comfortable with librarians, faculty and students. Share feedback with Professional Management and Sr. Leadership.
- Collect and analyze data to prioritize relevant customer feedback to Product and Marketing teams that may further drive engagement and usage as well as usage patterns that would gain benefit from additional support. Leverage marketing outreach campaigns to engage customers on key product features and benefits. Develop and administer customer satisfaction surveys.
- Develop various ways to effectively communicate unique selling features and product functionality by creating and using videos, webinars, etc. to ensure proper staff and end-customer product usage.
- Support customer needs that may include sending print book samples and curriculum suggestions with basic knowledge of content regardless of the delivery platform.
- Work with Marketing, Product and Sales to monitor usage and identify key metrics for follow-up and customer support and together identify and minimize risk areas and maximize renewal opportunities with proactive targeted support for the first six months.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a customer facing (business-to-business) role.
- Experience in training and online presentations.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Advanced technical and computer skills (Microsoft Office, G Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, forms, Sites) Windows, Social and Web skills, WordPress and Platform CMSs, Help Desk Software, SharePoint, etc.).
- To be poised, fast-learner, proactive, organized, extremely detailed-oriented, created and a self-starter.
- Customer focus, an individual with a passion for excellence, resourcefulness, and strong problem-solving skills to be able to approach problems logically with a solution oriented mind-set.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS or MLS).
- Experience in medical or technical marketplace.
- Experience in hospital or higher education fields.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.