Sr. Financial Analyst - New York City, NY
McGraw-Hill Education: We want YOU to be part of the way we’re changing learning.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A in our New York City office. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A will be focused on financial reporting for a ~$2 billion top line private equity owned company operating across multiple business units and geographies.
- Board and Senior Leadership reporting – build presentations for quarterly Board meetings and monthly Senior Leadership meetings, provide thorough review of business unit presentations
- Monthly and Quarterly Close Process – preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual reporting packages to include management reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive-level explanations of differences
- Reporting structure – support centralized and standardized reporting, reporting structures and act as a liaison between technical aspects of IBM Cognos TM1 and corporate reporting requirements
- Financial Planning – Assist with financial modeling to support the development of long-term strategic plans. This includes P&L (EBITDA and Net Income views), balance sheet, cash flow, key metrics and ad hoc analysis as required
- Financial Analysis – Provide insight into financial and operational trends versus budget and prior year for business units and corporate departments utilizing various system resources (TM1, Tableau, etc.) for reporting
- Business Unit Support – Provide financial support for business units and Corporate Departments, including Treasury, Investor Relations, and Controllers
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Five plus years’ experience in corporate accounting, including a thorough understanding of accounting standards generally accepted in the United States
- High degree of problem-solving ability and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timeframes in a changing business environment
- Strong experience in using Excel and PowerPoint for conducting analysis and summarizing information
- Proven ability to work with others in a geographically disperse environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A successful candidate may have:
- Tableau / TM1 financial system / application experience or similar experience preferred
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.