Sales Representative, Northeastern, IL - Illinois, Home, IL
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning meets the art of teaching. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Sales Representative, Northeastern, IL. The Sales Representative is responsible for managing sales for a variety of instructional materials /programs and services to private, parochial, and public schools /districts in an assigned territory. This individual will create and execute strategic business territory plans that will increase sales according to company growth expectations. Work with Curriculum Specialists to design winning customer presentations.
What do our high achievers do every day? We win!
- Attain and surpass sales goal with the proven ability to develop to “advance” the sale and build customer relationships to maintain and expand market penetration.
- Create and execute marketing and strategic territory plans, with excellent organization and follow-through.
- Conduct successful sales presentations and conduct and coordinate in-service presentations.
- Understand how the business makes money and be able to negotiate and manage resources based on corporate policy and profitability.
- Proficiently use and adapt to multiple software, platforms and devices.
- Use appropriate written and verbal communication skills internally and externally to facilitate a desired outcome.
- Learn independently; conduct research, synthesize and apply information from a variety of resources.
- Work remotely, travel up to 75% of the time, by ground or air transportation, and includes overnight stays.
- Manage company resources, including the company-provided vehicle, company credit card and home office and computer equipment.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Five years’ experience in teaching, sales, marketing or solution services.
- Has evidence of handling multiple large projects at once.
- Has a deep understanding of the use of technology in an educational instructional environment as it relates to educational infrastructures such as platforms and curricula.
- Is a clear persuasive communicator.
- Demonstrate evidence of being organized, have territory management capabilities, and resolve issues and problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate evidence of networking in an organization (internally and externally).
- Microsoft software skills: Outlook and Power Point (basic), Word and Excel (intermediate).
- Experience with CRM database.
- Travel up to 75% of the time, with frequent overnight stays.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.