Director, Marketing - Dubuque, IA
Are you a marketing leader that is passionate about education and helping others unlock their potential?
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning improves educational outcomes for all learners. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we work with.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because we believe that - learning changes everything.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We believe in work/life integration. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year (actually 11 – you get your birthday off too) and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Marketing Director. Does this sound like you?
- Develop the strategic vision, long-term objectives and Go-to-Market strategy & plans for assigned product portfolio. Drive rapid growth and increased profitability for MHHE learning products. Lead pricing and ecommerce strategy.
- Drive marketing strategy and campaigns. Execute the strategic product vision through an integrated marketing plan and Go to Market Strategy that utilizes symposia, focus groups, conventions, webinars and digital faculty consultants. Work closely with sales management to achieve long-term and short-term revenue and profit goals.
- Lead the creation of sales collateral and marketing materials that effectively represent company products to external and internal audiences (e.g., instructors, students, administrators at higher education institutions).
- Work collaboratively with management team to build coherent brand strategy and product definition that positions company competitively in the marketplace.
- Talent leadership: Hires, retains, and develops a highly qualified marketing staff which supports the digital transformation across assigned product lines and in higher education.
- Coordinate with Managing Director, Finance and VP Products & Markets to ensure timely development of product requirements and budget to understand financial parameters and alternative business models to anticipate investment returns.
- Product-specific market research and validation.
- Target marketing based on data analysis.
- Teamwork/collaboration with other departments to achieve Higher Ed’s overall goals.
- Support sales organization, representing a group of approximately 150 sales professionals.
- Work closely with sales management and the sales organization on opportunity targeting and SFDC data population.
- Manages marketing departments, representing a staff of approximately 3-10 employees.
- Responsible customer conversion from print textbooks to digital learning products and solutions.
A successful candidate will have:
- Track record for success.
- Excel in leadership and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong understanding of technology and experience in marketing software products.
- Five years of product marketing experience (in higher education, preferred).
- Experience managing multiple product lines and integrating them into coherent programs.
- Must have ability to construct compelling arguments, as well as strong command of the English language, correct grammar, and editing skills.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and an ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Strong analytic, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Effective collaborator and team player.
- Demonstrated ability to create effective, persuasive marketing pieces.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.