Project Manager - Columbus, OH
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning meets the art of teaching. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Project Manager in our Columbus office. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Director, Project Management, the Project Manager (PM) will serves as the operational leader for the project sponsor ensuring projects and operational innovation initiatives are planned efficiently, delivered on time, and meet objectives and budget requirements. The primary responsibility will require taking the vision provided by the Sponsor, and lead the project team in planning the most efficient and flexible plan to deliver upon the Sponsor’s expectations. Throughout the project’s life cycle, the Project Manager will hold the team accountable for delivering on the plan and aid in resolving obstacles interfering with project success factors. The Project Manager owns the risk management process identifying threats to project success, works with the team to resolve issues that arise, and identifies alternative solutions for the Sponsor to choose from when problems cannot be resolved without significant modification to the plan.
In addition to managing successful projects, the Project Manager is responsible for managing and communicating with cross-functional teams throughout the School organization to support overall strategic endeavors.
- Serves as arbiter at Project level to ensure key stakeholder objectives are achieved throughout the projects they are assigned.
- Leads the project team through the Initiation / Ideation / Proposal process.
- Holds team accountable for timely completion and approval of proposal.
- Collaborates with Sponsor to document project scope, goals and objectives, aligned to market expectations and needs.
- Establishes plan for proposal development, including scope, schedule, budget and quality deliverables.
- Leads the project team through the execution of the project.
- Holds team accountable for execution of project plan.
- Works with functional resource leads to obtain specific resources once project is approved.
- Identifies deviations from plan and collaborates with project team to course correct.
- Reports status of assigned projects.
- Ensures a realistic plan for project execution is created.
- Identifies and communicates project resource forecasting to PM Manager or Director.
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of communications.
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics.
- Track, report, and escalate issues.
- Maximize employee adoption of process revision while minimizing resistance.
- Assess the change impact and assess change readiness.
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities.
- Define, measure, analyze, and report success metrics.
A successful candidate will have:
- Five plus years of Project Management experience.
- Demonstrates leadership through collaboration, with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- SME in Project Management methodologies: Scrum, Waterfall, and Agile.
- Proven ability to execute based on strategy and analytics.
- Highly skilled at diplomacy and conflict resolution.
- Expert communicator at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere.
- Forward looking with a holistic approach.
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning, strategy, and tactics.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects.
A successful candidate may have:
- Familiarity with Business analytics, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics, process mapping, and workflow development.
- Experience with Prosci, LEAN, & Six Sigma.
- Experience in facilitating Organizational and Change Management.
- PMI certification (PMP, PMI-ACP).
- Experience using portfolio project management (PPM) tools.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.