Intern - Media Production & Acquisition - Columbus, OH
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning meets the art of teaching. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
We have an opening for a highly motivated Intern for Media Production & Acquisition in our Columbus, OH office. Does this sound like you? The anticipated timeline will be January to May 2018 at 20-40 hours per week, flexible per individual's requirements.
Watch this video for a glimpse into our Internship experience...http://youtu.be/A4En6Py9Yk4 (A number of our interns have become full-time employees at the end of their studies).
This role will provide the opportunity for the candidate to use their creative skills in the development of videos, motion graphics, and animations. This individual will be introduced to the cross-functional collaboration and strategy (Academic Design, Content Licensing, Creative Design, and more) that is responsible for the development and implementation of successful media assets.
- Concept and plan for the creation of videos and animations
- Work with a team to translate learning objectives into effective media solutions
- Adhere to style and production guides to produce consistent media assets
- Work within production schedules to deliver quality content on-time
- Use of design principles, tenets of visual communication, and creative discernment to produce relevant content
- Use of creative software and artistic skills to execute on the production of creative media assets
- Track, schedule, and manage multiple production assignments
- Tag assets using established metadata hierarchies
- Be an undergraduate student (or recently graduated) pursuing a career in videography, photography, motion graphics, and/or animation.
- Have effective organizational and time management skills; productive, efficient work habits and the ability to prioritize, multitask, and exhibit flexibility.
- A diverse portfolio and/or demo reel that exhibits the candidate’s best work.
- Be proficient in the use of Adobe Create Cloud applications for video production, motion graphics, and animations.
- Have proficiency with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Maxon Cinema 4D
- Experience with 3D modelling, rigging, texturing, lighting, and rendering.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume and demo reel/portfolio.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.