Business Analyst - Chicago, IL
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning improves educational outcomes. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch. We strive to hire extraordinary, diverse, talented, passionate individuals to help change the way we learn.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Associate Business Analyst in our Chicago, IL office. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Vice President, Sales Operations, the Associate Business Analyst will be responsible for providing sales and market analysis for a national sales force that serves the higher education market with educational content and technology solutions. Responsible for contributing to the continual assessment and improvement of data availability, reporting accuracy and analytic capabilities supporting a sales organization driving $1.1 billion in revenue.
- Design and lead development of tools, metrics, reporting and monitoring for sales (including customer profitability, retention, selling and service costs) to support data-driven decisions.
- Support IC plan process (revision, creation) by analyzing objectives, working with finance as plan administrator.
- Refine pipeline management, opportunity management, and forecasting methodologies, ensuring pipeline supports sales booking forecasts. Conduct territory and account reviews and apply insights to performance improvement.
- Design and lead integration of digital usage metrics that inform rep priorities and IC plan measurement.
- Support annual territory realignment, Supply Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process and other initiatives requiring sales analytic insight and pipeline data flow.
A successful candidate will have:
- BS/BA required or equivalent work experience.
- Exceptional analytic and process-thinking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to form solid relationships at all levels.
- Strong aptitude for using data manipulation tools and essential business systems to support analytic needs of the organization (Access, Excel, Tableau, data warehouse tools, etc.).
A successful candidate may have:
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodations due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.