Graphic Designer - Columbus, OH
Req ID :
Date Posted :
Job Type :
Job Category :
Columbus, OH US
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Graphic Designer in our Columbus, OH office. Does this sound like you?
The Graphic Designer will drive the prototyping and visual execution of new digital and print programs.
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Solve difficult design challenges in innovative ways
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver through all stages of development with minimal supervision
- Design, communicate and document compelling solutions that meet market needs and support business objectives
- Work closely with stakeholders to synthesize input in order to shape new products and services
- Articulate rationales clearly and convincingly in support of your design-driven, and research-based decisions
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- 3+ years of design experience, working in a team environment to produce high-quality digital/interactive and print designs. Experience in educational products, e-learning, professional development, or on-line training preferred.
- Ability to develop compelling ideas and contribute to product strategy and vision.
- Skilled at facilitating cross-functional activities and uses visualization to align team thinking and develop ideas
- Adaptable; comfortable navigating through ambiguity. Master problem solver who dissects complicated problems to develop viable solutions
- Proficiency in the latest versions of design software including: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Ability to develop wireframes (via Axure or other software) and knowledge of CSS and HTML preferred.
- Strong visual aesthetics, and a thorough understanding of design process.
- Understands and applies the principles of effective interactive design in a learning environment.
- Strong project management, communication and presentation skills and skilled at articulating rationale behind design solutions
- Comfortable working in an agile environment
- Print and digital publishing, and marketing experience a plus
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!
North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago