Graphic Designer - Columbus, OH
We strive to hire extraordinary, diverse, talented, passionate individuals to help change the way we learn. Because learning changes everything.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Graphic Designer preferred in our Columbus, OH office, but open to our Chicago, IL office as well. Does this sound like you?
The Graphic Designer will drive the prototyping and visual execution of new digital and print programs.
- Solve difficult design challenges in innovative ways.
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver through all stages of development with minimal supervision.
- Design, communicate and document compelling solutions that meet market needs and support business objectives.
- Work closely with stakeholders to synthesize input in order to shape new products and services.
- Articulate rationales clearly and convincingly in support of your design-driven, and research-based decisions.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- 3+ years of design experience, working in a team environment to produce high-quality digital/interactive and print designs. Experience in educational products, e-learning, professional development, or on-line training preferred.
- Ability to develop compelling ideas and contribute to product strategy and vision.
- Skilled at facilitating cross-functional activities and uses visualization to align team thinking and develop ideas
- Adaptable; comfortable navigating through ambiguity. Master problem solver who dissects complicated problems to develop viable solutions
- Proficiency in the latest versions of design software including: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Ability to develop wireframes (via Axure or other software) and knowledge of CSS and HTML preferred.
- Strong visual aesthetics, and a thorough understanding of design process.
- Understands and applies the principles of effective interactive design in a learning environment.
- Strong project management, communication and presentation skills and skilled at articulating rationale behind design solutions
- Comfortable working in an agile environment
- Print and digital publishing, and marketing experience a plus
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodations due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago