Math Specialist - New York, Home, NY
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning improves educational outcomes. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Regional Math Sales Specialist. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Director of Sales programs, the Math Sales Specialist will be responsible for aggressively driving market share gains and increasing revenue in selected key growth disciplines. Executing strategies for winning new business and monetizing business won through implementation efforts in the key growth markets.
- Effectively manage a team of Learning Technology Representatives to drive sales and increase market share in Math regionally.
- Math Specialist will be responsible for working in the field to close high potential, high volume opportunities that will contribute to market share and sales revenue growth.
- Develop/maintain a thorough understanding of Math as a discipline to include core MHHE strategies/products, competition, market dynamics and customer behavior. Work with Learning Technology Representatives to develop key account, high volume potential strategies. Partner with district and regional leadership teams to develop and execute strategies to increase sales, digital activations, and customer retention.
- Work closely with the Math product team to drive successful campaigns to win new business, grow existing business, and retain market share. Share information learned in the field and from Math Specialists with product team to better position our products.
- Work with the Director of Sales to develop a training plan for Learning Technology Representatives. Identify ongoing professional development needs to ensure this team performs at the highest level.
- Strategic Focus: Develop a targeted business plan with Learning Technology Representatives and in partnership with the Product Teams, RVPs, and District Managers to drive results.
- Management and Development: Coach, mentor, motivate, and inspire Learning Technology Representatives. Provide regular and ongoing feedback to develop this team and build on the strengths of each individual.
- Targeting: Develop and maintain a list of the top accounts and drive the strategy for winning business at these accounts.
- Market Development: Partner with product team to effectively build community and develop accounts for future partnering opportunities.
- Drive regional events to bring together decision makers in key areas
A successful candidate will have:
- BS Degree 5- 8 years of experience.
- 2-3 years of experience managing and leading a team.
- Prior success in math field sales and understanding of the math curriculum and issues around course redesign.
- Proven ability to attract, develop, and retain top talent.
- Drive for results: demonstrated track record of sales success.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate distinct aspects of our products and position them against competitors.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Strong technical aptitude and/or related technical experience.
- Negotiating skills: negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups.
- Political Savvy; knows and understands how to work through complex political situations.
- Strategic Agility: sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately.
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates well with all kinds of people both internally and externally. Strong emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales process from plan to close.
A successful candidate may have:
- Industry experience
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston