Portfolio Manager - Whitby, ON
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning meets the art of teaching. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Portfolio Manager working from our Whitby/Toronto offices. Does this sound like you?
The Portfolio Manager drives the portfolio product strategy for Higher Education across a set of disciplines by deeply understanding our customers, learning science capabilities, platforms, market and competitor intelligence. The Portfolio Lead/Manager represents the voice of the customer for the portfolio vertical/disciplines and uses this knowledge to optimize the portfolio in alignment with business and strategic priorities.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Portfolio Manager and Strategy
- Go To Market Collaboration
- Data Driven Decisions and Execution
- Work effectively across the organization as the customer expert and product owner, and partner successfully with others to accomplish goals
- Ability to manage and synthesize data insights into defined strategies and actionable plans for your product portfolio, in consultation with stakeholders and management
- Work across multiple projects and markets and are able to manage timelines effectively and efficiently, and take steps to rethink processes and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree educational qualification; postgraduate qualifications desirable
- 3 plus years’ overall experience in learning science, publishing or education, or in product management and development in other industries
- 2 plus years’ experience within the Higher Education sector preferred
- Experience indirectly leading and motivating the work of others
- People management experience desirable
- Strong market research and analytical skills
- Financial acumen and experience in developing business plan
If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!