Sales Operations Coordinator, Print - East Windsor, NJ
We strive to hire extraordinary, diverse, talented, passionate individuals to help change the way we learn. Because learning changes everything.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Sales Operations Coordinator in our East Windsor, NJ office. Does this sound like you?
The Sales Operations Coordinator will provide high quality support to key print customers, digital subscription sales, and to support the VP/Director of Sales Operations. Tasks include performing sales support to MHE/ Professional’s largest customers, and also administrative duties to ensure efficient, high-quality operation of the department. Organize and expedite flow of work through supervisor’s office and provide follow-up to ensure projects are completed as required. Perform a variety of tasks in support of the sales team which include, but are not limited to, working with both internal and external customers to research, follow up and resolve customer related inquiries that cannot be handled by Customer Service, operational system issues, shipping related items, special order processing, pricing inquiries, and stock questions related to special orders. Develop sales and adhoc reports from the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), onboard new employees and ensure the Human Resources I-9 Process is completed. Assist in the creation of sales commission worksheets and Incentive plan distribution and payment, assist in the planning and coordinating of meetings, keep department attendance records, and the operation of standard office equipment.
- Print Sales Support: Monitor key customer order flow through the system for any delays. Work with internal teams to resolve any systematic issues, order holds, shipping problems, review order hold reports, distribute policies and related changes to appropriate teams. Highly critical is to research and dispute infraction penalty charges, assist the Credit Department with high volume price discrepancy research, process credit adjustments, process Co-op credits, answer pricing and stock inquiries, process orders that require special handling and tracking, create and follow service requests as needed. The above tasks are largely related to our largest customers such as Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Baker & Taylor, Ingram, etc.
- Process digital subscription trials and temporary access, as well as new digital account set- up.
- Coordinate special offers for MHP from inception to result, includes compiling ISBN list, obtaining required approvals, creating & distributing order form title list and promotion flyer, setting up promotion codes with Data Quality, tracking the promotions to report sales dollars for year over year comparison.
- Create & run daily, weekly and monthly sales reports from EDW. Perform EDW “super user” responsibilities within department and help other departments as needed. Work with department co-workers to train further understanding of how to use EDW as needed. Develop and provide EDW reports to all MHP staff as requested, Approve EDW access requests and perform quarterly audit of MHP EDW users.
- Provide technical administrative support and communication facilitation by performing a variety of administrative functions, such as preparing reports, setting up meetings, processing Pcard transactions, distributing and approving Oracle and EDW system access forms, keeping attendance records, onboarding of new employees, ordering supplies and equipment, and processing mail, etc.
- Submit Oracle/NOTC requests for territory adjustments, sales and marketing account set up, and Comp sales adjustments.
A successful candidate will:
- Be in a high visibility position within the group and the importance of this role contributes directly to MHE/Professional revenue goals and lowers the risk for erroneous infraction penalties from our largest customers.
- Understand the varied roles and business needs of MHE/Professional customers and knowing how to apply that knowledge to daily interactions.
- Require strong relationships and frequent interaction with Sales management and reps, Customer Service, Credit and Cash Application departments as well as interaction across other business groups at MHE.
- Have attention to detail and accuracy which are critical in this position.
- Be able to prioritize very well and handle multiple tasks at any given time.
- Have ability to be cross-trained on other department functions and tasks to help with the workflow during staff absences.
- Work outside in, Drive with data, Partner across teams, and Execute with agility.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Administrative experience with proficiency in a full range of office responsibilities and a thorough understanding of standard office procedures and practices.
- Understanding of McGraw-Hill systems (Oracle, EDW, and Salesforce.com) a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Office skills necessary, especially Excel.
- Excellent planning, organizing, project coordination skills, and follow-up skills.
- Ability to interact very well at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle projects responsibly.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and telephone/customer service skills.
- Ability to make decisions and work independently, while adhering to pre-established guidelines.
- Ability to prioritize well is a must. Job requires the ability to handle several different tasks at a time.
- Stability and composure under pressure are needed especially when dealing with a customer that might be agitated because of problems regarding their account or order.
- Self-motivation and ability to work without constant supervision.
- Knowledge of digital/subscriptions products helpful.
- Excellent ability to use the Oracle Digital Subscription module (OKS).
- Use and understanding of external vendor subscription database.
- Overall knowledge of the subscription and ebook process from beginning to end.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodations due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.