Platform Specialist - New York City, NY
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning improves educational outcomes. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Platform Specialist working out of our New York, NY office. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Digital Platform Manager, the Platform Specialist will develop and manage the platform that powers the MHEIP’s digital products in the medical team, managing projects through conception, development, production, and launch. After initial launch, continue to manage the design and implementation of new functionality, and work closely with content owners to strategize how to address new content acquisitions through feature development and vendor acquisition. Collaborate with MH staff and software partners to deliver products on-time with rich feature sets that take full advantage of the digital medium and create a unique sales advantage for McGraw-Hill in the marketplace.
- Technical Leadership and Acumen: Lead the charge in the development, management, and maintenance of platforms that power products, learning tools, and/or services that leverage existing or acquired assets. Pursue expertise in cutting-edge technology and translate that knowledge to inform tactical and strategic decisions. Align closely with content acquisitions team to understand specific discipline needs for technology, and plan development cycles accordingly.
- Project Management: Manage project development on time and on budget, prioritize and balance multiple projects, handle the myriad stages of development and associated documentation while driving for superior results. Manages projects through initiation of plans, monitoring and controlling progress, executing required actions and ensuring proper closure and follow-up. Defines the scope of the project in conjunction with stakeholders and company leadership, creates detailed work plans, determines objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at completion.
- Market testing/user outreach: Conduct testing with end users, educators, librarians, and other stakeholders to make targeted technological improvements to our platforms. Trains and educates colleagues (internal and external). Travel when required and carry out meetings with customers to gain first-hand feedback and understanding of requirements.
- Data Management: Create and maintain various project files and databases. Run monthly data reports and maintain statistics databases. Measure platform performance through data analysis.
- Communication: Manage strategic relationships with vendors, licensing partners, content acquisition stakeholders. Develop strong relationships with cross-functional members of the team by collaborating to find creative solutions to technology, product, and organizational challenges. Frequent contact and follow-up with vendors regarding project timelines and payments. Interface regularly with finance and accounts payable and on status of invoices.
- Bachelor's degree or similar work experience.
- Three to Five years publishing experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Digital/technical content experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient use of Microsoft word, emphasis on Excel.
A successful candidate may have:
- Data Analytics experience
- HTML, XML experience
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.