VP, Central Region Sales - Illinois, Home, IL
McGraw Hill Education is looking for a strong candidate to join our team in the role of VP, Regional Sales in our Chicago, IL office. In this role, you will be responsible for providing the strategic direction for the outside sales force within a specific geographic territory that sells educational solutions inclusive of technology, media and print for Science, Engineering and Math (SEM); Business and Economics (B&E); and Humanities, Social Sciences and Languages (HSSL) businesses within the higher education market.
Our Higher Education team delivers powerful platforms, highly personalized course materials, and effective learning supplements to help students achieve their goals at every stage of their academic and professional careers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Direct and execute customer centric sales strategy to exceed sales goals within assigned geography.
- Develop a world-class sales organization by leading, motivating, coaching, training, and developing the sales management team
- Coach and strategize with District Managers and Enterprise Solutions Director and their teams on how best to exceed sales goals by focusing on profitable product lines and high margin sales.
- Provide input on sales forecasting to finance, as requested, and work with finance and National Sales Manager on sales negotiations.
- Interact with marketing and editorial teams to execute strategies, drive sales and provide market feedback as well as provide input on product and sales training initiatives.
- Drive a performance and coaching culture through ongoing training focusing on improvement of solution selling and digital skills in collaboration with VP-Operations and through performance management process.
- Create, manage, and develop programs and initiatives that drive Inclusive Access Solutions’ ability to achieve or exceed the company’s revenue and contribution targets.
- Drive enterprise solutions success throughout region by focusing on core technology and results differentiators.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- BS/BA required; advanced degree preferred
- 8 plus years of sales experience in the Higher Education market (or equivalent) with demonstrated sales success in both print and digital
- Proven track record of exceeding assigned sales and organizational goals
- Success with achieving sales goals
- 4 years’ experience developing business plans, performing market analysis and building/managing budgets
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation in teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Proven ability in leading staff development and working successfully with cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to form solid relationships at all levels
The VP, Regional Sales will be expected to exceed revenue goals for assigned regional sales organization. This position will also be responsible for Learning Solutions, Enterprise Solutions, Custom print, and Digital Sales for the region. Responsible for revenue of approximately $90Million Provide input in the development and execution of sales and marketing strategies to achieve sales and profitability goals. If this describes your background and expertise, we want to hear from you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!